Author Topic: No more Outdoor Channel  (Read 10374 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: No more Outdoor Channel
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 12:13:19 PM »
I left Verizon over four years ago....best move ever.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 12:58:21 PM »
billt,

Is it possible they are combining yours and your wife's usage?  As she maxes it takes from yours?  I know that with my wife and myself, she is having issues with battery capacity and they talk about how much she uses it.  Thing is that she hardly uses hers, but mine is constantly getting messages from the barns, and I use it to order and track feed.  A local salesman determined that there is a battery issue and is pretty sure that when we call bumfuck egypt with questions they are seeing the account as a single device.

That is possible, seeing as they magically go up equally . But the thing is, neither of us really use it all that much. It just somehow keeps steadily climbing, (most rapidly during mid month), then it tapers off as it gets near the start of a new billing cycle at the end of the month. We stay away from high data usage websites like You Tube and such. But it still creeps up, regardless of how much we try to manage it. If it continues I'm going to call and complain.

I had something similar happen with a cheap, prepaid phone I bought several years ago just for emergencies. The minutes slowly kept disappearing even when I didn't use it. I finally got fed up and just tossed the thing. Now I'm getting the same crap from Consumer Cellular with our data usage. Other than that, it's not a bad deal. We pay $42.00 a month for 2 Smart Phones. (Motorola Moto G's), which we bought outright from Wal-Mart for $100.00 each. We get 500 MB of data usage each every month with the package we have. I have both phones paired to the "Hands Free" phone in our new Jeep, and they work well for that.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »
I have Consumer Cellular. So you know I'm a retired old fart.  ;D

I never heard of it but think I'll get the cheapest phone they have. No smart phone, no data, just a phone I can use in emergencies. 20 minutes a month would be enough. It's supposed to be cheaper if you're a member of AARP but I don't want to join and support anti-gunners.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »
Tracfone, $10 phone, $100 for activation and 120 minutes of airtime, they double your minutes so if you buy 60 minute card you get 120 minutes, buy the cards anywhere that sells phone cards or on line, simple, no contract.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »
Check your  apps.  Many common ones are data hogs.  The weather channel current weather app can eat a gig in a month as it updates every few mins.   Same with stuff like location monitors (google)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:58:32 AM »

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 07:45:43 PM »

The wife and I have T-Mobile. We buy 1000 minutes every year for $100 each. If we buy new ones before the old ones expire they are carried forward. Just bought new ones last week so now we both have over 2800 minutes each.  We actully use about 100 a year. It seems like a waste but they a just for emergencys or immediate need w/o looking for a phone booth.(whats that)

i just bought them last week and wee both have aver 2800 minutes

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 11:52:22 PM »
geez I spend more time the average work day then some of you spend in a year lol 

3-4 hours a day on average.  I hate the damn things, but the way things are I do not have choice.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 09:13:41 AM »
Getting back on track. I'm still getting the Outdoor Channel, and have changed nothing in my cable programming to receive it. I'm not understanding why I'm getting it? Occasionally they will allow basic subscribers to receive premium channels in order to get them to increase their service. That only lasts for a few days, usually a weekend. Never more than a week. I've been getting it now for at least 2 weeks, possibly longer. I just noticed it about 2 weeks ago.

The only thing I can think of, is by Verizon dropping it, perhaps whoever is broadcasting it now had added it to my Cox Cable programming package for some reason? I just hope it continues. Most of the channels I receive are crap. I've never had so many channels, with nothing to watch. The Outdoor Channel was a welcome addition.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 11:37:00 PM »
When Dish does their promos for HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. it is usually just a weekend.  However, they have a rolling promotion where you get three or four channels from the higher packages for an entire month. 
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 10:58:26 AM »
When Dish does their promos for HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. it is usually just a weekend.  However, they have a rolling promotion where you get three or four channels from the higher packages for an entire month.

^^^^^^^^^
Yep.

I get an email each month telling what my "free" previews will be next month...they are usually channels I already have in our package anyway.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk