Author Topic: Stoeger M3000  (Read 12555 times)

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Stoeger M3000
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:35:52 PM »
Have been considering a Stoeger M3000 to add as a back up for Sporting Clays , also for waterfowl next season too. Will not shed tears if it gets scratched in the boat or blind.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
Re: Stoeger M3000
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
Benelli's Inertia Drive is hard to beat.  I love mine, and have no intention of going back to gas systems.  Go For It!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 04:33:14 PM »
Going to Cabelas in Hammond, IN. on Veterans day I hope the have some on the shelves to look at,
Just haven't decided on 3" or 3 1/2" chamber yet. I would probably never use 3 1/2's anyway but it would be nice to have the option. The 3 1/2 would be the M3500.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 06:22:15 AM »
Which type of system would soak up the most recoil ?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 09:27:36 AM »
Which type of system would soak up the most recoil ?

Remington 1100  softest shooting gun on the market and been so since it was released.

the benenlis system is just a fancy recoil operated rotating bolt.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:47:56 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:41:20 PM »
R 1100 is probably the most common semi auto on the market so that's good to hear. Now does any one know about an M-4 style stock for them ?

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 04:13:29 PM »
Tom, I believe because of the recoil system the 1100/11-87 uses you wouldn't be able to use an adjustable stock on them,There are a lot of pistol grip style full stocks out there for them.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 06:38:18 AM »
Thanks Major.
Sad part is that because I have short arms, and of course compensating for seasonal variations in clothing, it was the adjustable part I was interested in, not the pistol grip so much.
Oh well, there's always the "Youth stock". And it will make me feel younger too !  ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »
Here's something you could use Tom. You can get the pull down to 13-1/2".  http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/SGS/01-01-52 If you ever switch to an 870 they have an AR style telescoping stock. I would never give up my Sportsman 12 Auto (M1100) unless I got another auto like maybe the 11-87.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 05:56:17 AM »
Thanks Frank, that's better than the youth stock because I can put a few shins back in summer so that it truly fits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk