Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 11375 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 10:35:07 PM »
Okay found it.  Download and run one time.  Makes all those upgrade messages go away.

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 09:09:28 AM »
Ok I'll bite. I tried it. I'll let you know if it works or if the Al- Quayda zambies take over my computer.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »
Ok I'll bite. I tried it. I'll let you know if it works or if the Al- Quayda zambies take over my computer.

This utility comes highly recommended from a software engineer friend of mine.  (One of the original Hayes Modem engineers, btw.)   I've used it on this home computer and intend to install it at work on my Win 7 Pro there.   I trust JC.  He's a shooter and a ham op. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »
About 5 hours since and no pop-ups. Looks good.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 05:57:34 PM »
A couple weeks ago my computer, on its own, upgraded me  >:(  I have always clicked not to upgrade, because this is a six year old machine with its own glitches, and I don't want a bunch of compatibility issues.  So far no compatibility issues, but I need to learn all new ways to do things I have done for years, scanning was an adventure in vocabulary for anyone within earshot the other night, and Cortana, I don't want to ask you a damn thing!

I go back to my post early in this thread:  Why are people so damn excited about technology that does what it wants on its own whether we want it or not?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 11:30:48 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 07:34:16 PM »
Why are people so damn excited about technology that does what it wants on its own whether we want it or not?

8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk