Author Topic: Safariland 333 Speedloader Holder Failure  (Read 3548 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Safariland 333 Speedloader Holder Failure
« on: August 25, 2015, 04:12:33 PM »
I've got a couple of Safariland 333 speedloader holders that I use for both Comp-1 and Comp-3. Not a lot of mileage on them, but one fell apart last week. The plastic cups pulled off the rivets as I was reloading. Real bummer to find your reload covered with a plastic cup.

Is this normal?
Safariland only deals with dealers.  No direct consumer support.  Anybody?
They are 3 years old, but have only been used in 4 matches and some practice.
Is there a better alternative? CD-2 I'm thinking.

Now that I see how they're put together, aluminum pop rivets, it doesn't seem like it would take much use anyway. 

I may use the other one just for practice until it too fails.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Safariland 333 Speedloader Holder Failure
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »
Alf, you can contact them here,They have a 2 year warranty on their products.Good Luck

3120 E. Mission Blvd.  •  Ontario  •  CA  •  91761   909-923-7300  •  www.safariland.com
  Rev 03.14
EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY FOR 
HOLSTER AND ACCESSORY PRODUCTS
Safariland, LCC (the “Company”) warrants its Safariland
®
 brand holster products to be
free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from date of
purchase.  This warranty is subject to the proper Care and Maintenance of the product and
proper use of the product as detailed in the Consumer and Safety Information.   
If you believe this product has any defects
in materials or workmanship, cease use
immediately and contact customer service for a re
medy.  If a product proves to be defective in
material or workmanship, we will repair or replace the product and send it to you at the
Company’s expense.  All returns must include the proof of purchase and documentation
specifying the claimed defect.   
This is a LIMITED WARRANTY, and is the sole and exclusive warranty of this product
by the Company.  It shall not be enlarged by any
 representations, descriptions, course of
dealing, trade usage, rendering of technical advice, service or otherwise.  Furthermore, it shall
not be altered or expanded by any acts, statem
ents, or agreements of any dealer, employee or
agent of the Company (other than by a duly authorized officer of the Company).   
          THE COMPANY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR
STATUTORY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY PUNITIVE,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ANTICIPATED OR LOST PROFITS,
INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF TIME, OR OTHER INDIRECT LOSSES OR EXPENSES
THAT ARISE FROM ANY CAUSE RELATING TO THE PRODUCT, REGARDLESS OF THE
FORM OF THE ACTION, WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT,
STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE COMPANY
HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. 
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT
APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY
ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
For any warranty issue, please contact customer care for a prompt resolution to your
concern at the number provided below.
Safariland, LLC
3120 E. Mission Blvd.
Ontario, CA 91761
Customer Care: 800-347-1200 (USA Only) or 909-923-7300
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 07:17:43 PM »
Thank you, Majer.   

I hadn't found their customer service/warranty page before, but prompted by your post I found it.  Trouble is it will be three years come December, so I'm outside the warranty period. 

Now that it's failed, I see a poor design.  The pop-rivet just won't hold for any extended length of time.   Had I used them extensively early on they would have failed sooner.     I may send SL a message and say how disappointed I am with the product.   I like my holsters but this has turned out to be a bummer.

Alf

Will work for ammo

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:21:05 PM »
Alf,

Contact them anyway.  Shooting companies tend to be more lenient on their warranty restrictions than others.  Also, My first reaction when I saw the photo was that the pop rivets had not expanded.

Nice thing about the way it is put together is that if Safariland does not satisfy you, some five minute epoxy and a new set of pop rivets, and you will be ahead of the Safariland engineers.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »
Alf,

Contact them anyway.  Shooting companies tend to be more lenient on their warranty restrictions than others.  Also, My first reaction when I saw the photo was that the pop rivets had not expanded.

Nice thing about the way it is put together is that if Safariland does not satisfy you, some five minute epoxy and a new set of pop rivets, and you will be ahead of the Safariland engineers.

My assessment here as well....looks "fixable" if they can't help you.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:44:46 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 08:35:38 PM »
There's not a lot of "expansion" in the first place by looking at the remaining good one.  Not a lot of room inside the recessed hole in the plastic cup.  Maybe put the other two cups on, as I did the third one and work a dab of Bondo into the hole.  It may be more trouble than it's worth. 

I'm not sure I want to "fix it".  I've lost confidence in this product.   I'll probably use the remaining good one for practice but go to their CD-2 holder for competition. 

Just disappointed. 
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 08:54:14 PM »
Found the "comments" form on their web site and have sent them a polite note with picture.

I like their stuff but this one item has let me down.  We'll see what they say.
Will work for ammo

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »
Alf, I use one extensively and it has held up well!  I wouldn't give up on them.  Almost looks as if the rivets weren't crimped properly. 

Good Luck

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »
Heard from Safriland today.  Short and to the point.

Our warranty is valid for 2 years. If you have a product that is still under our 2 year warranty, please let us know.
Thank you

I'm going to see if I can find some recessed machine screws to replace the rivets.
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk