Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 5385 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Windows 10
« on: August 02, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/windows-10-may-share-wi-164057617.html

This thing appears to be well on it's way to being a complete disaster right out of the starting gate. People have to be nuts to install this crap as soon as it comes out. You know it's all but guaranteed it's going to be full of bugs, security breaches, and problems left and right. Being first with a new operating system is a bit like being first for a new medical procedure..... Dumb.

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:01:14 PM »
I work for a living creating operating systems.  The problem isn't with being the first to use it, it's the company creating it.  OK, Windows is a competitor to us so I realized I am bias  ;).  But my work computer uses biweekly development builds and we even have customers running the same thing on their production machines.  I rarely run into issues.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »
I heard the real downside is that you have to pay for a bunch of apps that should already come with it. Someone said you even have to pay for Realtek sound drivers so you can use your speakers. No thanks. Maybe by the time they quit supporting Windows 7 they'll have something else out.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 07:20:27 PM »
I worked there for years until recently. The problem is they fired all of their testers and sub-contract out a lot of important work. Many bugs get missed. I will definitely not be installing this garbage. I think MS is on their way out. Shame on Bill for letting this company be ruined by hiring cheap labor from 3rd world countries and not supporting the America that allowed his company to be a success in the first place.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 05:54:18 AM »
You IT guys can bitch all you want about "It sucks because it's windows", but let me ask this.
When was the last time you heard of a gun, car, or airplane being released that didn't have a list of bugs and flaws to be worked out n the first year ?
Sorry Bill, but anyone who has to have the newest model is asking for aggravation.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:42:27 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 07:45:24 AM »
You IT guys can bitch all you want about "It sucks because it's windows", but let me ask this.
When was the last time you heard of a gun, car, or airplane being released that didn't have a list of bugs and flaws to be worked out n the first year ?
Sorry Bill, but anyone who has to have the newest model is asking for aggravation.

That's only true to a small point with Windows. They've introduced some real dogs with fleas over the years, that never got fully straightened out. Remember Windows Vista? Or Windows Millennium? Neither ever did run as advertised, and were quickly scrapped for other more reliable versions.

I have a laptop with Windows Vista in it. It's only a matter of time before I toss it across the room. It's slower than a Democrat trying to balance the budget. Windows operating systems are like a real estate market. It seems every good one, (Windows XP & Windows 7), is followed by a bad one, (Windows Vista & Windows 10).

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »
I Suspect, from experience making parts for Cabletron, that like car and fashion designers, a lot of "New" designs are brought out because they are different than the old one. Not because they are any better.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 03:35:33 PM »
I Suspect, from experience making parts for Cabletron, that like car and fashion designers, a lot of "New" designs are brought out because they are different than the old one. Not because they are any better.

I have suspected MS changes the "look and feel" of their software while providing little or no extra features just to sell classes to those who use/support the product.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »
That's only true to a small point with Windows. They've introduced some real dogs with fleas over the years, that never got fully straightened out. Remember Windows Vista? Or Windows Millennium? Neither ever did run as advertised, and were quickly scrapped for other more reliable versions.

I have a laptop with Windows Vista in it. It's only a matter of time before I toss it across the room. It's slower than a Democrat trying to balance the budget. Windows operating systems are like a real estate market. It seems every good one, (Windows XP & Windows 7), is followed by a bad one, (Windows Vista & Windows 10).

Not to mention Windows 8.0 which was quickly replaced by Windows 8.1 due to the hue and cry that went up.

And now, today, independents are announcing that Windows 10 records everything you do - keystrokes, emails, texts, etc. and MS stores it all, available to anyone with a court order.
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/windows-10-may-share-wi-164057617.html

Apparently MS handed over data last year to the tune of 30,000 "requests" in the last 6 months of 2014 alone.

Bill Gates got his start in questionable - some might say fraudulent - ways and I have seen nothing from that pissant to change my personal opinion of him or his products.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 04:46:15 PM »
Not to mention Windows 8.0 which was quickly replaced by Windows 8.1 due to the hue and cry that went up.

I forgot all about Windows 8. I bought a computer that had it, and I wound up taking it back after 2 weeks. The thing was so buggy I couldn't use the damn thing. It would lock up left and right. When I returned it to Best Buy, they gave me my money back no questions asked. They took the unit and placed it on the floor with at least 3 or 4 of the same model..... All with Windows 8. Then I didn't feel so bad. Total POS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk