Author Topic: Cecil the lion  (Read 7377 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Cecil the lion
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 08:37:50 AM »
The media are reporting that another US Dr.  shot a lion, remember, these are perfectly legal, permitted, licensed hunts that provide a large portion of Zimbabwe's income, and ALL the support for the game preserves, also, the only reason for the survival of these animals.
In order to dress up their story AP included 5 pictures of other animals the Dr had killed, just one problem.
They misidentified every single one of them. They claimed one was a water buffalo, which does not even live in Africa, it's only found in Asia.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 08:41:19 AM »
As the truth slowly surfaces in this whole thing, the far left liberal crackpots will look like the over reactive idiots they always do. Same tune, different dance.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »
I received an email from an outfitter in Canada last evening.  These are people I have hunted with twice, and I both believe them and trust them.  They have some friends hunting in Zimbabwe right now, or last week.  They shared a different view of this entire situation.  To explain why I trust these people beyond leading me on hunts - They are currently double checking the facts shared with them by those who shared them.

The information shared is that the only item in question may be the forged or invalid quota paperwork.  Hunting, shooting, taking, etc., a collared or tagged lion is legal; the hunting sight was baited, which is normal practice, but the lion was not lured off the preserve by dragging a carcass through the preserve; the lion was not caged or netted to keep it off the preserve until the dentist was ready; and what we are hearing about Zimbabwe officials demanding return of Dr. Palmer and him evading detention is not true.

Much of what they shared matches with many items shared early in the news concerning this, but many of these facts changed or disappeared in the following days.  I am waiting as my friends check this out, but I suspect that when all is said and done this entire episode will turn out to be 95% political correct crowd BS, and I will be asking "What did we miss during the smoke and mirrors redirection of our attention?".
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 01:20:32 PM »
"What did we miss during the smoke and mirrors redirection of our attention?".

Here's just a few:

-Planned parenthood barbarism
-Obama's announcement for his plan to combat "global warming"
-Plans to give out more green cards than more than the population of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina combined!

I am sure there's more, lots more.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 01:46:15 PM »
At least 2 airlines, I think Delta was one, are now refusing to ship hunting trophies.
Also, the Muslim pos's administration is quietly trying to ban the import of hunting trophies.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:31:07 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 03:09:22 PM »
PETA nut cases have no problem killing people, only animals. Too bad they don't die.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 05:31:58 PM »
On the lighter side, here are a couple of cartoons make the rounds on FB.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 05:42:16 PM »
this stuff is a load of crap.  big game hunting in Africa is big biz  and its how almost all of the game preserves are funded.  its heavily regulated and  the animals selected to be taken very carefully by highly skilled professionals. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 07:07:41 PM »
But it's the Touchy Feely Liberal Way!!

If Cecil was poached, don't just go after the poachers, go after every legitimate and beneficial hunter and destroy the only hope diminishing species have of surviving. 

Who cares what happens to the Lions as long as we keep people from hunting...
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 06:33:58 AM »
Soles nailed it.
It has nothing to do with saving the animals, that was done by the sportsmen. It's all about stopping people from hunting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk