Author Topic: Always Trust Your Gut  (Read 5497 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Always Trust Your Gut
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:08:46 PM »
Miss K and I had lunch today in a buffet restaurant in Sioux City.  At one point I excused myself to go to the men's room.  When I came out of the stall, I spied a young boy of about 8 or 9 looking out of another stall toward the door, before ducking back into his stall.

As I made my way toward the door to leave the men's room, I saw a creepy looking guy that looked like a child predator straight out of Central Casting.  He was just standing there, nervously looking around the room.  My Spidey Sense started going off, and I made the decision that there was no way in Hell I was walking out of the room leaving only this idiot and the kid in there by themselves.

As I took my sweet time washing my hands, I would frequently glance in the mirror to keep an eye on this guy,  He seemed to be flicking his focus back and forth between me and the stall where this little boy was located.  I finished washing my hands, and took my time drying them.  Captain Perv was still standing there, nervously.  The kid was still in the stall, so I decided that the few hairs I have left were in serious need of being combed.....dragging it out as long as possible.  Finally, I saw in the mirror that the freak was flashing me a dirty look, before turning and walking out of the men's room.

While I have no proof that this guy had any ill intentions towards the young lad, I sure as HELL wasn't going to ignore my gut, and leave him alone with the kid.

Thankfully, he tried nothing, because I'm confident that had I caught him trying to molest the lad Captain Perv would have had a VERY bad weekend.

As I tell my students, ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings, and always trust your gut.

I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Always Trust Your Gut
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:47:53 PM »
Sound to me like you did the right thing.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:48:17 PM »
The gut is normally right.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »
Glad you did!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 07:57:40 PM »
Good time to push Gladwell's book Blink.  Great read about gut reactions.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:30:09 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 08:13:59 AM »
So called "gut instinct" is your  sub conscious picking up cues that your conscious may or may not be picking up.
In NH if you catch some one in the act of any sexual attack you can legally shoot them , no warning, no questions asked.

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 01:05:22 PM »
Tom, could you quote the law that says you can do that. If you came upon two people having concensuel sex out in the woods and you busted a cap in one of them it doesn't sound right.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 01:09:06 PM »
In every state I know of, sexual assult is grounds  to use lethal force.  Even ca has it listed in its law.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 03:05:28 PM »
Tom, could you quote the law that says you can do that. If you came upon two people having concensuel sex out in the woods and you busted a cap in one of them it doesn't sound right.

Read the post.

So called "gut instinct" is your  sub conscious picking up cues that your conscious may or may not be picking up.
In NH if you catch some one in the act of any sexual attack you can legally shoot them , no warning, no questions asked.

Not much on reading COMPREHENSION ?

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 06:59:52 PM »
My error, I went back and then I saw the part about sexual attack.  You are right, this time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk