Author Topic: You only need 10 rounds  (Read 3780 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
You only need 10 rounds
« on: May 22, 2015, 05:24:39 PM »
Yeah right.    Watch this 11Alive TV (Atlanta) news story and tell me you want to be the homeowner with only 10 rounds.   Watch and carefully count the number of invaders and the number of guns.  I'm glad my little companion is completed, tested and hanging by my bed.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/grant-park/2015/05/22/southeast-atlanta-home-invasion/27784229/

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: You only need 10 rounds
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:20:07 PM »
Six of them....

10 works fine if you only have to shoot 4 of them twice and don't miss at all.

Had they stayed to fight, that would be the time you wished you had dumped your 30 round magazine and purchased the 100 round drum you had your eye on.

I don't think anyone EVER complained about having too much ammo left over after a gun fight.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 07:22:09 AM »
I don't think anyone EVER complained about having too much ammo left over after a gun fight.

The dead guy can't complain of course.

These were rank amateurs... duh.   They ran at the first mere HINT of confrontation.  Not even sure if the homeowner had a weapon or threatened them or just made noise.  Why would SIX of them bust in carrying guns and then turn tale and run.  What did they think they were doing?   Obviously given the method of entry they had to know they would wake up anybody in the house. 

Maybe that's the safest type of home invasion.  You roll over in bed, mumble "police" and the perps run.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 07:38:04 AM »
The only time you may have too much ammo is when you're on fire.

Sheesh...

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 08:13:41 AM »
Or drowning.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:38:18 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 02:10:59 PM »
The dead guy can't complain of course.

These were rank amateurs... duh.   They ran at the first mere HINT of confrontation.  Not even sure if the homeowner had a weapon or threatened them or just made noise. Why would SIX of them bust in carrying guns and then turn tale and run.  What did they think they were doing?   Obviously given the method of entry they had to know they would wake up anybody in the house. 

Maybe that's the safest type of home invasion.  You roll over in bed, mumble "police" and the perps run.

I remember when I was 14 and a handful of the guys in the neighborhood decided to put a firecracker in the window AC unit of one of the folks in the neighborhood.  Happened to be the house of a young lady our age named Paula Farmer....might have been the reason that house was picked. 

We approached as silently as a pack of 14 yearolds can manage and as we were placing the firecracker, we  heard a woman's voice from inside say "Ted, get the gun."   We ran like the guys in the video...except faster.

I wonder if what they heard someone yell was  "Get the shotguns"....

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk