Author Topic: A small request from me...  (Read 24549 times)

Ron J

Re: A small request from me...
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2008, 11:23:15 PM »
It might if you tell me what that is   ;D

This is what our friend John J has to say about us

Anybody remember Bill Clinton’s pledge to put a 100,000 new cops on the streets of America?

Maybe he did but no one knew exactly what he meant.

Even as we watch the Olympics in our easy chairs, cops and former cops and wannabe cops fan out over the Internet and the countryside communicating their talking points about what constitutes the behaviour of a “Good American”

In the latest example it seems Marshal’ette Halloway, a moderator on the Downrange TV  message boards,got a midnight call from Officer Friendly at JBT.Gov who chastised her for her failings as moderator.

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=3055.msg35196#msg35196

:But a very good friend of mine( retired undercover cop) had read the posts…… and he called me.. He scolded me for being stupid and posting something like that and ..after talking to him .. I decided to make sure everyone else “thought ” before they got ‘way out there” with their emotions. I deleted the “dab”..and wrote my post. “

Which, in turn, prompted her to write one of the most Kafkaesque posts I have witnessed in my 10 + years on Internet Message Boards-complete with incoherent code phrases urging us all to
avoid “racially charged” posts and not to “advocate violence” as though some how we all plot and plan to create mayhem at the drop of a hat. ( I thought Democrats already cornered that market anyway.)

Like I said before John, your a paranoid ass, making a big deal about nothing.

Thioridazine - One of many med's used to work with paranoia.  With a Red Stripe, possibly great kicker to a Hazarita.

I don't know if John is at point "A" and is wanting to take his point to "B" .. but in his efforts and in my opinion, he can take the scenic over-kill drive to "Z".  My critique ... and I am not a great judge ... is that he comes off as paranoid in trying to get people to see his point of view.  Then again, WE need to remember that one man's paranoia is another man's passion.   Who among us doesn't like to take a swipe or two at a windmill?  All the same, while I will usually disagree with what he says and how he may say it ... it does cause me to reflect.  Which is the precise point of intellectual discourse. 

M'ette's original point is true. Very, very true and to this, should not be stretched into something other than remembering the "Golden Rule".  To this, I am the most guilty because of my genetic defect of being a sincere prick.  M'ette's comments are a great reminder to me in my efforts to wax and post. 

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2008, 12:26:30 AM »
My God John.... You need to get out and socialize more..  :D
You can sure take a piece of sand and turn it into a full blown tornado... ::)
You remind me of the old men who used to set at the barber shop and by taking one single thing that someone said.. run all over town and twist it and turn it until the whole original meaning of the original sentence was lost.

I really am not going to waste my breath talking or responding to you any more..it is more than obvious that you do not and are not going to listen to anything but your continuing repetitive and twisted rhetoric.

As far as my "friend".. he just happens to be a retired Marine.. and retired cop..and works very strongly in favor for our 2nd amendment rights. So your flippant little remark was totally uncalled for.
And Ksail... thanks.And just because I am a responsible grown adult.. I STILL appreciate what you said..  ;)

Amazingly John.. with all of your talk and insults towards me you don't even begin to upset me... sorry if that didn't go as planned.
You don't exasperate me... you just flat out are exhausting. ..You really are a card to draw too.........

Thanks to those who read the original post...thought about it..tucked it on the shelf with all the other inconsequential things and moved on with your life.

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2008, 07:39:02 AM »
Maybe it's time to close this thread.....

Thanks M

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2008, 08:50:55 AM »
Wow!!!  I got my cookies twisted up for a couple of days and LOOK WHAT I MISSED!! (Sorry M'ette, I had no idea where this would go).  HAHAHAHA  Kafkaesque too!

I've got to tell you sometimes this forum is more fun than watching a monkey try to screw a football.

I guess this gets TAB off the hook too, huh?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
Uh-OH! She is firing up the grill again.
Outa here.
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 01:48:52 PM »

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2008, 09:33:57 AM »
[You can sure take a piece of sand and turn it into a full blown tornado... ::)

My comments stand as written. I wish Michael Bane and his staff the very best in all his enterprises.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2008, 11:26:32 AM »
I really don't know HOW this simple thread got so strung out . For me allowing it to crescendo at this level. .I apologize to everyone. As for my own knee jerk responses? once again.. I'm sorry.
John.. The last few days have been a bit personally stressed ( nothing to do with this site) so my nice even-temperament
 ( ? do I have that??  ;D ) was a bit out of sorts...and even though I think you were a bit over the edge with me.. I shouldn't have counter-acted.  ..but on the other hand.. I was the same with you... so it was a nip and nip sort of deal...
 I actually went into your website and looked and read. It is very well put together and well written. I have sense modified my post with the little dig that was attached to it. When I go into that 'mode" I usually am not very proud of myself in the end. 

We ... as gun owners and 2nd amendment supporters cannot let dumb little things like this  separate us in any capacity or way.
I have always said that we here in Down range are like family. Family argues and slams doors..and spouts & jabs sometimes. ..but eventually we come out and set down at the supper table and all eat together..sharing our lives.

This is what needs to be done here... 

John.. Even though we don't see eye to eye on a few things I hope that you will feel free to continue to post in Down Range. You have been a family member and your posts have been informative and ...well........'original'  LOL

( oh yea.. I HAVE to add this cause it is just my "personality"... ; ;) :D

No one put me up to writing this..Marshal is busy today.. haven't talked to Michael all week..No phone calls .. no e-mails....
In fact.. I am getting ready to go grab my 4 wheeler.. my pistol.. my fishing pole and get the hell out of town for a bit..
 And I didn't want this hanging on my mind all day and interfering with my fishin'..  ;D

I'm outta here guys.. Have a great rest of the weekend.  :)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

tombogan03884

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »
Good luck with the fishing. Don't you worry about anything I'll just be hanging out here with HAZCAT, DDMack and a few others   ;D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2008, 01:18:08 PM »
Ready to get on with life, guys? I messed up a new 9mm and need advice. Handgun thread.
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Ron J

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2008, 02:40:07 PM »
Wow!!!  I got my cookies twisted up for a couple of days and LOOK WHAT I MISSED!! (Sorry M'ette, I had no idea where this would go).  HAHAHAHA  Kafkaesque too!

I've got to tell you sometimes this forum is more fun than watching a monkey try to screw a football.

I guess this gets TAB off the hook too, huh?

You have monkeys in Jersey? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk