Author Topic: "Capless Fuel Tanks" ?  (Read 31839 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: "Capless Fuel Tanks" ?
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »
If you're not getting water in your tank outside in Seattle,

Ah, the big Seattle myth.   Not only isn't the city even in the top 10 in rainfall, it's not even the top in number of days of rain.

You really want rainfall?  Try Ketchikan, AK where they measure it in feet, not inches.   Over 10 feet of the stuff a year.  And they only have about 30 or so days without rain.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »
Was that CatchItInACan?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 05:11:08 PM »
I was gassing up my truck today, and was talking to the attendant. He say's it's all but never ending the amount of people who come in with new vehicles and wind up getting the nozzle stuck in the filler necks of these cap less systems.

Timothy

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2015, 12:19:09 PM »
I was gassing up my truck today, and was talking to the attendant. He say's it's all but never ending the amount of people who come in with new vehicles and wind up getting the nozzle stuck in the filler necks of these cap less systems.

And those are the same idiots who've probably driven away from the pump with the nozzle still in the OLD fill neck systems. 

You can't make stupid anything but stupid.  Sometimes knowledge is lost on the stupid....

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 04:10:35 PM »
From what I've been reading and hearing, many of the older nozzle systems on these pumps are not receptive to these new cap less filler systems.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:21:00 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 11:22:18 AM »
From what I've been reading and hearing, many of the older nozzle systems on these pumps are not receptive to these new cap less filler systems.

I only buy from one or two different stations.  There are also still a lot of attended stations here in the northeast as well.  They're often the cheapest too...

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 11:54:12 AM »
I only buy from one or two different stations.

I do much the same. That said, I don't know how these stations nozzles will work with my new vehicle. I'll find out when I gas up. If I don't encounter issues, I'll continue to go there. I'm not sure what type of nozzle to look for, or to avoid.

Timothy

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »
They're designed for modern stations I'd expect.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 10:22:57 PM »
If it is a situation where there is a new style nozzle for new cars, and your chosen station has not upgraded, it is time to find a new station.  It is no different than choosing a mechanic who stays current on the latest information, technology, and tools.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 08:35:56 AM »
I do much the same. That said, I don't know how these stations nozzles will work with my new vehicle. I'll find out when I gas up. If I don't encounter issues, I'll continue to go there. I'm not sure what type of nozzle to look for, or to avoid.

The capless systems have an anti-siphoning setup - don't know the details of how it works, but it is there.

I got a plastic, ribbed portable gas can nozzle stuck in my fusion, all I had to do was use a skewer shoved in the filler tube to release the flapper.

I'm guessing that the gas station nozzles that get stuck are the ones with springs on them, and that gets stuck in the filler opening ala my plastic one.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk