Author Topic: California bans .45ACP and .45GAP  (Read 9893 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 444
California bans .45ACP and .45GAP
« on: April 17, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »
If this isn't April 1st, then I guess this just happened.

http://nytimes.com.co/california-implements-statewide-ban-on-all-45-acp-ammunition/

The California Legislature has passed a controversial Assembly Bill that creates a ban on the future sale and ownership of all .45 ACP ammo. The bill states that the ban on the popular ammunition is in effect immediately, however does include a 60 day grace period prior to state law enforcement enforcing the ban.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 845
Re: California bans .45ACP and .45GAP
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:02:36 PM »
Time for all shooting sports and production companies to pull out of California, a la Ronnie Barrett, and for the process to the Supreme Court to begin.  Based on the article, this is nothing but an arbitrary ban intended to lead the way to banning everything firearm related.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »
So glad I left.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 06:02:50 AM »
Double check the URL, it is NOT the NYT we usually hate.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=16158956

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:09:51 AM »
Biggest hole I saw in the story is that this has become law and we have not heard a peep about it moving through the CA legislature until it passed.

You should still be glad you left, TAB   :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:36:30 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
I'm bad.   Fell for it.  :(
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »
But what does it say about California that we, or at least I, am willing to believe they'd do this?

I'd also fall for it if it were NJ or MD.

Still not taking my guns there, sad to think, back in 1968, I walked into a gun store in Palmdale, CA and purchased an "assault rifle" for cash, over the counter, without a 4473, or a background check, or a waiting period and with my drivers license and residence being in SC at the time.
Will work for ammo

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 12:55:07 PM »
From the same place,
http://nytimes.com.co/aaron-hernandez-suspended-three-games-following-murder-conviction/
Aaron Hernandez Suspended Three Games Following Murder Conviction

http://nytimes.com.co/white-house-considering-proposal-to-extend-tax-exempt-status-to-atheists/
White House Considering Proposal to Extend Tax Exempt Status to Atheists

http://nytimes.com.co/hillary-would-consider-naming-obama-to-supreme-court-after-2016-win/
Hillary Would Consider Naming Obama To Supreme Court After 2016 Win

vincewarde

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 12:38:56 AM »
As someone who follows CA gun politics closely, the first thing that was a huge red flag was Jerry Brown supporting it.  Although he has signed some gun laws we do not like, he has also stood against more than he has signed - including several ammo bills.  He also vetoed a massive expansion of our AW ban - flat out saying that it was a violation of gun owners rights.  He also wrote a pro-gun rights brief in McDonald when he was AG.  In CA he is as close to a pro-gun rights governor as we will ever see.  God help is when he leaves, because his replacement will likely sign EVERYTHING.  Glad I will be in Idaho by then!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk