Author Topic: New Cabela's  (Read 6005 times)

Timothy

New Cabela's
« on: March 29, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »
A new Cabela's sneeked up on me and opened this week in Hudson about 15 miles from me as the crows fly!

Stopped in today after being dragged by the shorter half through the local outlet malls.  I managed to find my masculinity after a few minutes in the store.  Those outlet malls make a long haired, bearded critter like me a bit nervous with all the metro-sexually manicured, perfectly trimmed 5 oclock shadows and funny shoes!  That and all the "yoga pant fails" was tough...

The store was busy so I didn't buy anything but ammo seemed well stocked, even .22lr was available in several types.  Gun prices were MSRP as usual but at least the clerks seem well versed.

Nice to see a CCW "Welcome" sign too!

tombogan03884

Re: New Cabela's
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 06:06:14 AM »
Should have hit Riley's while you were in the area. If she can drag you through the  malls she shouldn't complain ( to much) if you make a 2nd stop  ;D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:50:48 AM »
We have a Cabela's down the road about an hour or so near Louisville. The exciting news, though, is that we're getting our own here in Lexington next year!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »
Riley's is about 70 miles from Hudson, MA, Tom!

That's a really, really big neighborhood!!!!

;)

License is up for renewal in NH, haven't re-applied yet either..

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »
I wish we could get a Cabelas closer.....I buy all my jeans from them (their labeled brand) they fit like Levis for half the price, and a couple times per year they go on sale for around $17 a pair (and when it takes a half-bale o' cotton to make a pair of pants, that's cheap  ;) ).

They finally built one in Georgia, but it's still five hours away from me.   :(

There's a Bass Pro a little over an hour away, but I like Cabelas better.

We have two Gander Mountain stores nearby, each about a half hour away....but they are way expensive on almost everything. I was in one last week so I picked up a few Plano 100-round ammo boxes for reloads and they were about on par for what it would have cost to order and have shipped, so it worked since I was already in the area. If I had made a special trip just for the boxes, it would be cheaper to order online.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:09:10 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »
Riley's is about 70 miles from Hudson, MA, Tom!

That's a really, really big neighborhood!!!!

;)

License is up for renewal in NH, haven't re-applied yet either..

Crap ! You had me all excited thinking it was in Hudson NH .   ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 02:30:26 PM »
There's a Cabela's in Saginaw that's a little over half the distance to the one in Dundee. I would go for a visit but I don't like Saginaw. If you're wondering where Dundee is, so was I before I went there.   ;)  There's a Bass Pro shop in Auburn Hills that's a little closer than Cabela's. I've never been there but was told by a co-worker that I need to go there. We have a Gander Mountain here in Flint but I don't go there very often. I do go there once a year to buy an ORV sticker to put on my ATV and I look over the guns while I'm there. When I bought my 75th anniversary PPK it was $200 higher at Gander Mountain than where I got it IIRC. The only gun I ever bought from them was a paintball gun which I never shoot anymore.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 05:14:46 PM »
Dundee, MI actually makes sense for Cabela's, Frank.

20 miles from Detroit, Ann Arbor and Toledo and maybe an hour to Fort Wayne.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 12:49:35 PM »
Just passed the new Cabelas going up just out side of Noblesville, IN. just off of I-69 N-E of Indianapolis yesterday. Should be open this fall.  ;D
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk