Author Topic: Anybody heard of "Op Jade Helm"?  (Read 4154 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anybody heard of "Op Jade Helm"?
« on: March 25, 2015, 08:02:30 AM »
My local morning radio guy mentioned this this morning. Said it's a training op for domestic martial law. Spec Forces types to participate.
I looked around and found "infowars" links. Not too pat to follow those. Jones just gets on my nerves. Youtube links point to "domes" popping up in 9 SW States in prep for the drill..
Anybody heard anything beyond Jones about this one??
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Anybody heard of "Op Jade Helm"?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:08:17 AM »
From other sites, appears to be a red herring, i.e., a non-op. I'll try to find the links.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »
http://www.shadowspear.com/2015/03/exercise-readies-sof-for-threats-abroad/

FORT BRAGG, NC (USASOC) – Members of U.S. Army Special Operations Command will train with other U.S Armed Forces units July 15 through Sept. 15 in a multi-state exercise called Jade Helm 15.

USASOC periodically conducts training exercises such as these to practice core special warfare tasks, which help protect the nation against foreign enemies. It is imperative that Special Operations Soldiers receive the best training, equipment and resources possible.

While multi-state training exercises such as these are not unique to the military, the size and scope of Jade Helm sets this one apart. To stay ahead of the environmental challenges faced overseas, Jade Helm will take place across seven states. However, Army Special Operations Forces (ARSOF) will only train in five states: Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. The diverse terrain in these states replicates areas Special Operations Soldiers regularly find themselves operating in overseas.

The training exercise will be conducted on private and public land with the permission of the private landowners, and from state and local authorities.  In essence, all exercise activity will be taking place on pre-coordinated public and private lands.

The public can expect nothing much different from their day-to-day activities since much of exercise will be conducted in remote areas.  The most noticeable effect the exercise may have on the local communities is an increase in vehicle and military air traffic and its associated noise. There will also be economic gain: an increase in the local economy, in fuel and food purchases and hotel lodging.

This exercise is routine training to maintain a high level of readiness for ARSOF since they must be ready to support potential missions anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice.

During this eight-week period, ARSOF soldiers will use this opportunity to further develop tactics, techniques and procedures for emerging concepts in Special Operations warfare.

USASOC intends to conduct the exercise safely and courteously while providing the best possible training available for the nation’s Army Special Operations Forces. State and local officials are being informed of the scope of Jade Helm and will continue to be updated as the exercise progresses.
HMMM, mountains and deserts ?
 Why on earth would they need to train there ?
Is it a unconstitutional conspiracy , or is it because all our combat for the last 40 years has involved that type of terrain ?
That's why I have no use or respect for Infowars, prisonplanet, or any of those other "Alex Jones" type sites.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »
Yeah, I got a chance to poke around on this one and it looks like alot of irrational furor and not much actual information..
Kinda disappointed in the guy I heard it from...  :(
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 02:07:07 PM »
This one is interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politics/army-convoy-through-europe/index.html

(CNN)A convoy of U.S. Army armored vehicles is drawing crowds, cheers and tears as it makes an 1,100-mile journey from the Baltics through Poland and the Czech Republic to Germany.

The trek is being made by troops from the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment and is dubbed a "Dragoon Ride" after the unit's nickname, the Dragoons.

It is designed to show solidarity to allies in the wake of recent Russian actions in Ukraine and Crimea that have Eastern Europe on edge.

"The engagements will provide a highly visible demonstration of U.S. commitment to the residents in each of the nations and the resolve of NATO as an alliance," according to a Pentagon statement.

According to reports from the route, it seems to be delivering on that.
"This really means a lot to us. We see that we are not alone, that there is someone to defend us," Zdzislaw Narel, 60, told The Associated Press as the convoy made a stop in Bialystok, Poland .

"I've read about the former times. For me, what's happening now is a little scary. I think it (the American presence) makes people feel safer," Viktorija Maciulyte, 18, told the military's Stars and Stripes newspaper at a stop in Panevezys, Lithuania.

Troops say they can see the effects, too.

"The older people start getting emotional. I had one lady came up to me crying," Spc. John Zagozdon, 25, told Stripes. "They were all really grateful."

"It makes a difference when you see U.S. soldiers parked in your parking lot," Capt. Jon Challgren is quoted as saying in the Stripes report.

The convoy, which began on Saturday, is expected to take 11 days to its end at Rose Barracks in Vilseck, Germany, about 40 miles from the Czech border.

It is being supported by NATO military units and U.S. Air Force planes and Army helicopter units for reconnaissance and resupply, according to an Army statement.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:11:07 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 04:14:15 PM »
In other news, BO is furious about recent fuel expenditures in the NATO theater.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 05:11:53 PM »
After hearing the announcement on TV I just started wondering the REAL intent? Maybe I am reading to much into it but with "O" at the helm it just adds more to it.
Just cause I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after me.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 11:21:28 PM »
 It could get interesting I suppose, Mountain Home is only about 2 minutes by helo from my place - Leakey about 20.

July 15 - Sept 15....it's going to be STINKIN' HOT except form about 2am - 7am....I'd suggest some form of hydration!
Best Wishes, Mike.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 05:59:48 AM »
July 15 - Sept 15....it's going to be STINKIN' HOT except form about 2am - 7am....I'd suggest some form of hydration!

Another reason to suspect that the focus is on some place hot and sandy, and Muslim.

bodean87

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 09:57:24 AM »
Another reason to suspect that the focus is on some place hot and sandy, and Muslim.

Yeah, but to simulate that i would think you need to go farther west. That area doesn't remind me of a desert.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk