Author Topic: Anyone run a Burris ARf3 ?  (Read 3209 times)

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anyone run a Burris ARf3 ?
« on: March 21, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »
on their AR......opinions please!
Best Wishes, Mike.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: Anyone run a Burris ARf3 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
I don't have on an AR, but I do have the Fastfire II on a .22lr pistol.   It is the least expensive, <$200 red dot I'd put on a gun.  In this price class it is very good.  I've tried many of the cheaper ones and none were satisfactory. 

Here's the good and bad with the FF II.  It has no external on/off or brightness controls.   Good, because you simply take the cover off and the dot is there.  It adjust brightness based on ambient, automatically.  Put the cover on and it turns off  for storage.   Bad, because at some point, in low light the dot turns off.  In very low light, but where the target is illuminated, you won't have a dot to work with.   I'd only use FF II for reasonably lit target, competition situations.

Now they have the F3 and the AR F3, which seem to have a manual controls, which over comes the the low light problem.  I have not tried theses, but assume it's the same basic red dot just with manual controls.  But then you have to remember to turn it on to use and off when done.   There's just no free lunch, is there?

Hope that helps.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:26:13 PM »
Thanks Alf,
                 from what I've read folks like them OK, the main complaint being that they're awkward to turn on & off, my guess is that's because of the mount - no-one around here has one I  can play with, I'll try to find a big gun show sometime soon and search.

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

peterdekock

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:26:57 AM »
To be honestly I do not own Burris ARf3..So its very hard for me to describe about this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk