Author Topic: Drills documentation  (Read 5055 times)

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drills documentation
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:03:13 PM »
Are there tools to document and layout drills and/or exercises?  I spend my days, at work, documenting the manufacturign process the company makes and layong out assembly lines.  There area number of tools that we use to make consistant layout.  I am looking to document some drills for my log book and plan training sessions. 

I am thinking like a MS Visio template or simular.  Perhaps an AutoCad librarty.  I would be happy with some "standard" clipart for use in word or power point or thier open office ripoffs.

I am sure there are soem better places to ask these questions but I am not members of or researched those boards.  Suggestions there might be good to have as well.

tombogan03884

Re: Drills documentation
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:32:41 PM »
Would a simple ledger system work ?
Or combine it with a calendar that lists a schedule of planned drills with room to enter your results ?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 03:37:49 PM »
I don't have the links or programs handy right off hand, but there is a program for laying out shooting stages for USPSA.  I think you could access it through their website.  I played with it a few times, and it was easy for diagramming stages and documenting the scenereo.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 05:50:09 PM »
I use this.

http://www.staysafemedia.com/training-log-book.html

I also made a speadsheet that I can trck my times on drills so I can track improvement.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Strider

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »
Nice link. Currently, I just create a detailed course of fire in a word document and  attach a photo from my phone to it as documentation.  I then save it in my documents file.
Semper Fi

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:31:31 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 05:49:49 AM »
You could, with some effort and money, use a drawing programs like Sketchup or Viso.  It would take awhile to develop a libray of "objects" but once you do you can then drag and drop them to make up scenarios.

I've used Viso since it's early days before they were bought by Microsoft.  It has a lot of powerful utilities of which I barely scratch the surface.   I use it to document A/V systems with pictorial diagrams at work and at home.   It's pricey though.

I'd look at what the USPSA and IDPA guy are using which is probably free to use.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk