Author Topic: Interesting numbers in Minnesota  (Read 1610 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Interesting numbers in Minnesota
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:36:22 PM »
Please bear with me, because I heard these numbers while driving and could not get them written down.  I am looking the details up, but don't have them all right now.

Minnesota issued just over 30,000 Permits to Carry a Pistol in 2014.  This is down from the record number in 2013.  As of now there are over 180,000 Minnesotan's with Minnesota Permit to Carry a Pistol.  Of these permit holders there were 1,320 crimes committed.  Most of these crimes were DWI and the like.  The news story did not say how many firearms related crimes.  In fact they did not say a single firearm related crime was committed by a permit holder in 2014.  This is a detail I am trying to find, and I will post more details as I find them.

The biggest thing I see is that 0.73% of permit holders were convicted of a crime in 2014.  Sounds like we are a pretty dangerous bunch  ::)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Interesting numbers in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:55:01 AM »
So what's the percentage of the general population that committed crimes?   You have nothing to compare it to without the comparable number.

Counting DWIs, speeding and the like I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage for all Minnesotan's was higher than 1%.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 06:21:06 AM »
Alf, I think that's the part we're supposed to bear with while he finishes his research.
I'm curious to see what the results are.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »
Also see what the crime rate for Police Officers was.  It is often  higher than the general populace.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »
i remember seeing a stat a few years back in CA  where the general public had a lower conviction rate then law enforcement.   I would be very interested in what the break down is too.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:17:46 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk