Author Topic: Ruger 10-22 trigger replacement assembly  (Read 39333 times)

robert69

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger 10-22 trigger replacement assembly
« on: January 12, 2015, 12:13:33 AM »
I received an e mail from Ruger, announcing the Ruger replacement trigger assembly.
It is the BX trigger unit.
As the cost is $89.00, I ordered one, received it, installed it (easy), and it works just fine.
Trigger pull measures 3#5 ounces, and is very crisp.
It is available from the Ruger shopping website.
It is in my 10-22 take down, which used to measure 6-7 #.
I have a very old 10-22, (45 years +) but as its trigger is great, I won't replace it.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: Ruger 10-22 trigger replacement assembly
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »
I get the feeling that Ruger is realizing people want accuracy and a little more quality.     Even if it's an add on or a special model.

The current generation of Mini-14 and 10/22 shoot so much better than those back 20 years ago.  Plus the competition revolver.   And this recent emphasis on triggers.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 05:08:26 PM »
I think if William Ruger were alive and in charge he would be making the same changes.  He believed that as a gun guy he needed to know, and knew, a lot about shooters.  I believe that if he were at the helm he would be changing with the wants and wishes of today's shooters - professional, casual, and hobbyists.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

vincewarde

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »
I get the feeling that Ruger is realizing people want accuracy and a little more quality.     Even if it's an add on or a special model.

The current generation of Mini-14 and 10/22 shoot so much better than those back 20 years ago.  Plus the competition revolver.   And this recent emphasis on triggers.

The smartest thing Ruger does is offer their firearms at a low price point, without ignoring those who are willing to pay a bit more for additional features.  Take the 10/22.  You can get a basic model for under $250.00 - and it's a good gun.  If you want to pay more up front, there are more sophisticated models available.  If you want to upgrade your 10/22 later, there are tons of upgrade parts - from 3rd parties and increasingly, from Ruger.   No other company does this like Ruger. 

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 04:29:38 PM »
Savage is an example of a company that can provide an excellent product at a bargain price.  I believe that if Savage were to market a 10/22 clone Ruger would be in for a fight.  Volguartzen makes a tremendous 10/22 clone, but you pay big dollars for the improvements.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:39:40 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:03:53 AM »
Has anyone else tried this new trigger yet?  It's $59.99 at MidWay USA and I need a new extractor anyway.

Edit: The Ruger BX trigger.  I guess it really isn't new, just new to me.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 04:08:45 PM »
I'm still looking for my bargain basement 10/22 receiver to build on.   I'm not touchin' my target model which shoots one holes at 50yds.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 04:56:26 PM »
$60 sounds a lot better than $120-$260 range I've seen on triggers.  Has no one else here tried one or compared it to some other offering?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:57 PM »
Don't fee bad Rastus!  I just came across that trigger group for the first time this week.  I want to upgrade my 10/22, and the regular offerings have been out of my price range ... only due to my inability to control spending on new toys and food for them.  My first thought was that it can't compare when it costs that much less, but I'd like to know.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 07:22:16 AM »
Just going back to this old thread...I do think that BX trigger was worth it.  Midway has them for $76 now.

Now if I could just get an affordable trigger for the POS they put in the Browning T-Bolts....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk