Author Topic: League Shooting Woes  (Read 1684 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
League Shooting Woes
« on: December 21, 2014, 05:10:54 PM »
The excitement is here, and the frustration has also arrived  :'(

We had our annual meeting last week, and I handed over a couple hundred dollars.  I knew I had some prep to finish, but reality hit this afternoon:

1.  Open gun is supposed to go on a trimming program from .45 acp to .38 super, but gunsmith died;

2.  Limited gun, custom built Limited gun, needs new rear sight, but gunsmith died;

3.  Brand new light rifle and scope need to be married, but the medium rings I have used with this bell size won't work on this combo.  Nobody had the high rings I want in stock;

4.  Rimfire bullseye pistol loves CCI standard velocity, and it is really, really, did I say REALLY, hard to find.  Local fleet store received two cases this week, but they limit me to two boxes (100 rounds) per day.  I tried to talk them into selling me what I want to save me stopping in everyday until I have my stock, and they informed me they would cut me off if I came in everyday for the ammunition.  I need a minimum of 600 rounds for the base league.  Postal matches and other matches extra.  I typically go through 2,500 per winter through this gun.

The fun is about to begin, if I don't develop an ulcer or have a heart attack between now and January 7, 2015 (first night).
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: League Shooting Woes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 06:56:59 PM »
1.  .... but gunsmith died;
2.  .... but gunsmith died;

Don't you just hate it when that happens?  I mean especially if you're the gunsmith.

4.  Rimfire bullseye pistol loves CCI standard velocity, and it is really, really, did I say REALLY, hard to find.

My BIL from Ft Myers said he throught there was plenty of that down there.  Promised he bring me up a couple of thousand rounds on the next visit.   (gloat, gloat, gloat)

Sorry about your pending ulcer or infarction, but things are coming together for me here.

On Christmas I'll have the last two pieces to complete my Bug Out Gun  (I call it my Little Mule, Pepe.  It will get me out of trouble, si?)

I fully expect to find a front sight to complete the Mosin at next weekend's gun show.

All the primary revolvers have new springs and are shooting smoothly.

The shelves are all stocked to the brim with reloads.

Ah.  The life of Riley.  ;)
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: League Shooting Woes
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 05:05:33 AM »
Local fleet store received two cases this week, but they limit me to two boxes (100 rounds) per day.  I tried to talk them into selling me what I want to save me stopping in everyday until I have my stock, and they informed me they would cut me off if I came in everyday for the ammunition.

So in essence what they're saying to you, is if you follow their protocol in purchasing just 2 boxes per day, they won't sell it to you anymore. Christ, even Wal-Mart isn't that bad. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk