Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 2256 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 27, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »
My Friends,
Wishing all of you a happy, safe, blessed Thanksgiving Holiday.  Enjoy.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 07:52:45 AM »

You too Jaybet and all the other Downrangers.

Pork loin roulade with assorted roast veg, here - what are you eating?
Best Wishes, Mike.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »
Happy Harvest Day!

Turkey, my traditional apple stuffing, sweet potato casserole, butternut squash, garlic mashed taters, green bean casserole and in keeping with the true first Thanksgiving, a bit of venison back-strap on the grill..  Finishing with some chocolate pudding pie and a few loaves of pumpkin bread!

Some Lions football, family and a few brews...

Oh!  And...my labors rebuilding a thirty year old Toro were well worth the effort over the summer.  She clears snow quite nicely...got about 6-8 inches yesterday afternoon/evening...

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 09:42:56 AM »
You guys have a nice easy one today!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 10:07:39 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving all. 

-- Abraham Lincoln, 1963

"I do, therefore, invite my fellow-citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next as a Day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the heavens. And I recommend to them that, while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners, or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty hand to heal the wounds of the nation, and to restore it, as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes, to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquility, and union."
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:31:27 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 04:34:24 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.  :)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »
Have a happy and joyous Thanksgiving one and all.

God Bless

Richard and Norma
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We spent nine hours on the road today, and on the trip we discussed this is our first Thanksgiving since we were married, 35 years coming up in a few weeks, that we have not been home, and the first in over a decade that we didn't do the cooking.  In 28 days we will say the same about Christmas as we will travel to Chicago to visit family.

Today we met a three week old little sweetie named Lina, and we will spend a little time spoiling her older sister Davy while we are here in warm Kansas.

Among all the things to be thankful for, I am adding our 55 degree swing today (-10 we woke up to and left in, to the 45 we enjoyed we we arrived here).

I hope you all are able to spend a few more days this weekend enjoying God's bounty and blessings with family and friends.

Mike and Audrey
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »
Thank you to Alf for pointing out that Thanks giving has nothing to do with harvests or pilgrims at Plymouth and everything to do with atoning for the screw ups of Democrats.
The original Nov 26 celebration to give thanks to God for the Constitution was declared by George Washington.
Lincoln made it an official National holiday .

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/posters/george-washington/thanksgiving-day-1795-by-the-president-of-the-united-states-a-proclamation

When we review the calamities which afflict so many other nations, the present condition of the United States affords much matter of consolation and satisfaction. Our exemption hitherto from foreign war, an increasing prospect of the continuance of that exception, the great degree of internal tranquillity we have enjoyed, the recent confirmation of that tranquillity by the suppression of an insurrection which so wantonly threatened it, the happy course of our public affairs in general, the unexampled prosperity of all classes of our citizens, are circumstances which peculiarly mark our situation with indications of the Divine beneficence toward us. In such a state of things it is in an especial manner our duty as a people, with devout reverence and affectionate gratitude, to acknowledge our many and great obligations to Almighty God and to implore Him to continue and confirm the blessings we experience.
    Deeply penetrated with this sentiment, I, George Washington, President of the United States, do recommend to all religious societies and denominations, and to all persons whomsoever, within the United States to set apart and observe Thursday, the 19th day of February next as a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, and on that day to meet together and render their sincere and hearty thanks to the Great Ruler of Nations for the manifold and signal mercies which distinguish our lot as a nation, particularly for the possession of constitutions of government which united and by their union establish liberty with order; for the preservation of our peace, foreign and domestic; for the seasonable control which has been given to a spirit of disorder in the suppression of the late insurrection, and generally for the prosperous course of our affairs, public and private; and at the same time humbly and fervently to beseech the kind Author of these blessings graciously to prolong them to us; to imprint on our hearts a deep and solemn sense of our obligations to Him for them; to teach us rightly to estimate their immense value; to preserve us from the arrogance of prosperity, and from hazarding the advantages we enjoy by delusive pursuits; to dispose us to merit the continuance of His favors by not abusing them; by our gratitude for them, and by a correspondent conduct as citizens and men; to render this country more and more a safe and propitious asylum for the unfortunate of other countries; to extend among us true and useful knowledge; to diffuse and establish habits of sobriety, order, morality, and piety, and finally, to impart all the blessings we possess, or ask for ourselves, to the whole family of mankind.
    In testimony whereof I have caused the seal of the United States of America to be affixed to these presents, and signed the same with my hand.
    Done at the city of Philadelphia, the 1st day of January, 1795, and of the Independence of the United States of America the nineteenth.
    By the President : GO. WASHINGTON.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk