Author Topic: Ferguson Missouri is going to burn tonight  (Read 7569 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Ferguson Missouri is going to burn tonight
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »
You're right, the criminal case and civil cases are separate.
The evidence used is still pretty much the same but the threshold to render a verdict is "preponderance of evidence" not unanimous vote.

New chant for Ferguson:
PANTS UP - DON'T LOOT!!
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 04:06:19 PM »
There is also no requirement for "reasonable doubt" in a civil case.  Not sure on unanimous jury decisions but the requirement to convict is much less a burden for the plaintiff.  Merely convincing enough to win a wrongful death suit is easier than a murder case in criminal court.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »
Through this whole thing I am giving law enforcement credit for remaining calm.  I don't believe I could form a line of defense and watch this happen around me without lashing out.

I believe now is the time for our elected officials to take a page from hockey refs:  The best way to settle down a violent game is to stand behind two fighting players and say, loud enough for them to hear, "Let 'em fight it out."  Pull back and let them harm their neighborhoods and kill themselves.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »
One of the news shows stated 9 of 12 on the GJ have to agree to indict.

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »
One of the news shows stated 9 of 12 on the GJ have to agree to indict.

Yes, and in this case, there were five indictments to review from murder one to manslaughter and they couldn't agree to indict on any!  There is a very low bar set for GJ indictment and this GJ couldn't manage to find even enough compelling evidence for manslaughter.

People need to stop lighting fires (both literally and politically) and go home!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:11:09 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 06:35:26 PM »
How about this? If you don't want to get shot by a cop......... Try keeping your hands off of them! I can't think of a surer way to commit suicide by cop, than to walk up to a Phoenix cop, or Maricopa County Sherriff, and start punching him. I've yet to hear ANYONE from the media mention anything to that effect.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »
How about this? If you don't want to get shot by a cop......... Try keeping your hands off of them! I can't think of a surer way to commit suicide by cop, than to walk up to a Phoenix cop, or Maricopa County Sherriff, and start punching him. I've yet to hear ANYONE from the media mention anything to that effect.

You won't hear them mention it either.
Just like Trayvon Martin was a "innocent black teen" but they neglected to mention he had Zimmerman on the ground beating the snot out of him.
Just another POS who got his justice 6 times in the chest where he deserved it.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2014, 07:22:04 AM »
The National Guard was mobilized weeks ago, but never deployed on the streets of Ferguson when they announced the verdict...... At 8:30 PM of all times. It's almost as if they wanted this to happen. The governor of that state is a communist democrat. I can all but guarantee you this has Obama and Holder written all over it. Fox News reported the mayor of Ferguson was desperately trying to reach anyone in power at the state capitol building, but could not raise a single soul. It was almost as if someone had cut the phone lines.

They also said Valarie Jarrett was on the phone about all of this to most every democrat in power in Missouri. The Lieutenant Governor is a Republican and he said there is no doubt Obama and Holder are behind all of this. If they would have had armed guardsmen in front of those businesses, not one would have been damaged. Now, over half of the business district of that town is in ashes and ruins. I hope they let them live in it. Burn down the businesses that you shop in daily. That makes a hell of a lot of sense. If these stupid idiots want to act like animals, then they can live like them. Then again, even a wild animal has enough common sense not to destroy his own environment. These stupid fools, evidently not.

This is going to happen again, and again. Each time it will be worse. Black white relations are deteriorating at a frantic pace. In 1994 things weren't so bad. Then you had the Simpson verdict. After that the Rodney King verdict, and the ensuing riots that followed with the beating of Reginald Denny. Next came Hussein's election that was supposed to "improve" black / white relations. It did the direct opposite. Then came the Trevon Martin fiasco. Now this. We're headed for a race war in this country at 100 MPH with no brakes.   

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »
I saw this on another forum and I don't know anything about it. Do you guys think this is real or Photoshop?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk