Author Topic: The last pterodactyl...  (Read 12909 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: The last pterodactyl...
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »
I just don't believe any of these were the "last one."

I've had one hit my car immediately post car-wash several times in the past year.

Sheesh...

Crusader Rabbit

Heck, I think I got bit by one while grilling back during the summer.  ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »
It's a fake, but a very cool one indeed!  If you look close enough you can see it's Photoshopped.

But seriously, what size shot and gauge do you need to take down one of these suckers?

Not saying it isn't fake, but it isn't Photoshopped.  These photos have been around since long before Photoshop and PCs.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 02:43:47 PM »
Not saying it isn't fake, but it isn't Photoshopped.  These photos have been around since long before Photoshop and PCs.

Good taxidermy.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 02:55:28 PM »
You know I graduated from high school the same week the last mammoth was slain just outside of Milwaukee.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 04:35:45 PM »
You know I graduated from high school the same week the last mammoth was slain just outside of Milwaukee.

Michael B

And you carried your club over your shoulder while dragging your sweetie to the prom by her hair  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:21:16 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »
I have another picture* showing men in Civil War or Indian War uniforms holding up a dead pterodactyl.  Some folks say it's a fake, and some say it's real.  There are many old Indian stories about the Thunder Bird, and they make it sound like it could be a flying dinosaur. The Indians also had stories about Sasquatch long before they met white men.  I don't necessarily believe these stories are true, but I don't necessarily believe they are false, either.

Grizzle Bear

* I will try to find and post the picture.

At the end of his book "Hunting the Grisly and other sketches" Teddy Roosevelt relates a story told to him by the survivor of a party of 3 trappers who were stalked and repeatedly attacked by what sounds very much like a Sasquatch.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hunting-the-grisly-and-other-sketches-theodore-roosevelt/1100059596?ean=9780760752333
(Nook version can be downloaded for free )

http://www.amazon.com/Hunting-The-Grisly-Other-Sketches/dp/1444648322

Shoot the guns of history

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »

Michael B
I think Michael is stretching the truth, I heard it was the last T-rex.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »
I think Michael is stretching the truth, I heard it was the last T-rex.

Michael Bane KILLED the last T-Rex!!!!!!

;D

8)

Shoot the guns of history

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
Michael Bane KILLED the last T-Rex!!!!!!

;D

8)

Actually, Richard Boone did the deed, here is proof
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076294/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1,
but Michael was there calling dibs on the thigh

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 04:16:49 PM »
Actually, Richard Boone did the deed, here is proof
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076294/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1,
but Michael was there calling dibs on the thigh

;D

Need a dinosaur dispatched?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk