Author Topic: The last pterodactyl...  (Read 12902 times)

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The last pterodactyl...
« on: November 21, 2014, 07:10:14 PM »

so sad  :'(
Best Wishes, Mike.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
Re: The last pterodactyl...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
That skeeter bite is gonna hurt!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:33 PM »
sure did, and the boots we made weren't worth a crap either!
Best Wishes, Mike.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »
What's the catch ? I find it REALLY hard to believe there is no catch to this photo.
Seems to me that if hunters had shot a pterodactyl in historic times there would have been some kind of stories or mention in hunting magazines or books.
Looks authentic, but there has to be more to the story.

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 09:44:27 AM »
What's the catch ? I find it REALLY hard to believe there is no catch to this photo.
Seems to me that if hunters had shot a pterodactyl in historic times there would have been some kind of stories or mention in hunting magazines or books.
Looks authentic, but there has to be more to the story.

It's a fake, but a very cool one indeed!  If you look close enough you can see it's Photoshopped.

But seriously, what size shot and gauge do you need to take down one of these suckers?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:06:37 AM »

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 10:04:37 AM »
Fake!?

I still have a pair of the boots they all made from it!

Best Wishes, Mike.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 01:40:18 PM »
I think they need a bigger bird dog.  ;)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Grizzle_Bear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
I have another picture* showing men in Civil War or Indian War uniforms holding up a dead pterodactyl.  Some folks say it's a fake, and some say it's real.  There are many old Indian stories about the Thunder Bird, and they make it sound like it could be a flying dinosaur. The Indians also had stories about Sasquatch long before they met white men.  I don't necessarily believe these stories are true, but I don't necessarily believe they are false, either.

Grizzle Bear

* I will try to find and post the picture.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »
I just don't believe any of these were the "last one."

I've had one hit my car immediately post car-wash several times in the past year.

Sheesh...

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk