Author Topic: .45 SMC Someting new in .45 ACP  (Read 3875 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
.45 SMC Someting new in .45 ACP
« on: November 18, 2014, 02:39:17 PM »
Sounds like they managed to nudge a bit more OOOMMMPH out of the .45 ACP

I Feel The Need for .45 SMC Speed

What’s a .450 SMC you ask?

What if I told you…

That you could launch a .451 160 grain projectile at .357 Sig velocities?
    That you could blast a standard .45 ACP 230 grain bullet 32 percent faster?
    That you could break 1,300 feet per second with an 185 grain .45 projectile?
    That you could shoot a 255 grain hard cast bullet from an autoloading handgun?
    And most importantly, that you could do these things from your existing .45 ACP pistol?

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/11/450-smc-ammo/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=237238cfd2-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-237238cfd2-20630649#axzz3JSDHtXmH

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: .45 SMC Someting new in .45 ACP
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
Interesting.
I don't feel the need for it since I have magnum revos that provides all the oomph I need but it sounds like this technique of case manufacturing could find it's way into other semiauto calibers.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »
Big Whoop ... NOT!

I've been loading open loads at that for years.  It isn't about how fast you throw it or how heavy the bullet is.  It is all about the combination of the two.

Advances come from trying something new, but I don't see the big deal.  Except of course that I can now by expensive ammunition off the shelf that will run my open gun.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »
It just sounds like a .45 Super with a different primer and the Super isn't very popular. I don't know why the SMC would do any better.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:24:07 PM »
It just sounds like a .45 Super with a different primer and the Super isn't very popular. I don't know why the SMC would do any better.
thats what it sounded like to me too.   Or maybe a light 460 rolland( at least I think that is right)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:44:39 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk