Author Topic: it's time to stop buying guns.  (Read 5079 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
it's time to stop buying guns.
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:27:09 PM »
until I actually have time to shoot the ones I already home.   grumble grumble grumble.  just started a project that will take  18 months.   :'(
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: it's time to stop buying guns.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »
I hardly ever shoot the ones I have but I bought another one anyway. I don't know when I'll get it broken in but I will shoot it sooner or later. Probably not when it's cold out.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:13:36 PM »
until I actually have time to shoot the ones I already home.   grumble grumble grumble.  just started a project that will take  18 months.   :'(

What a coincidence.  I'm starting a 18 week project this weekend too.

I'm building a stand for a portable TV   :D :D :D   from a kit.   :D :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »
What a coincidence.  I'm starting a 18 week project this weekend too.

I'm building a stand for a portable TV   :D :D :D   from a kit.   :D :D
in this case I'm building a spec home.  let's just say it's well into the f*** you money level
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 06:45:18 AM »

it's time to stop buying guns.

HERESY     ---    BLASPHEMEr

To assist with you therapy and recovery I will ship you the latest 4-color auction catalog from Rock Island Auctions.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:20:32 AM »

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 06:56:35 AM »
Hi;

I have 2 left over that I have not shot yet ( 12 ga and a brit 303 )and have had them for @13-14 years, I had 3 that I gave to Nieces and a Nephew. I get into "phases" where it's every week to the range to shoot, then into collecting Brass, Currently - it is buying/stocking up on ammo and accessories.

I have more weapons than I will ever need ( I Hope ) but then when I die, I hope the family says a few kind words about me as they take possession of the arsenal....

If a deal comes along - I'll buy more weapons.

Just like in the Midway commercials " How many does a man need  ?"  well , when I die  - then I will have enough !

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »
Saw today that Ruger's 3rd 1/4 was down 76% from last year. The way the market looks it's going to be time to start DOUBLING DOWN on buying guns a few months from now!
YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 07:45:58 AM »
Yeah, with AR lowers at $49 and gun prices possibly dropping, it means rethinking the buying strategy.

All of a sudden building up an AR pistol looks really good now.    It's not that I want a pistol, per-se, but I want a very-y-y-y compact rifle, with out the hassle of an SBR, and a very low cost. 

Will work for ammo

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 06:29:36 AM »
If you want a lifelong project, decorate your home with furniture from IKEA. Don't forget to get a bottle of Prozac before you start.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 07:08:57 AM »
IKEA now sells cars...  some assembly required

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk