Author Topic: This hateful and vile speech is NOT a GOOD READ  (Read 3216 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
This hateful and vile speech is NOT a GOOD READ
« on: September 23, 2014, 07:16:48 AM »
I dropped two FaceBook "friends" yesterday.  They were marginal acquaintances from high school.  My closer friends and family had been urging me to "un-like" them for some time now, because of their leftist views.  I  liked having them as FB friends because: a) They kept me alert to what the left was thinking, b)  They would challenge anything political I posted, so I made sure what I posted was backed by fact.  c)  It allowed me to espouse  conservative views in response to their postings which reached their "friends."   d) I could talk about my conservative views in response to their postings without appearing to always be ranting about politics on my own.

What made me drop them as "friends" wasn't their beliefs per se, but it was the following story link they posted.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/cant-be-both-republican-patriot/

And it wasn't just this story or the political views it represented, but the fact that both thought this was a good read.    This is a vial rant of hateful and prejudice speech.  Here's one of the passages.

...they [Republicans] have a general disdain toward minorities, the poor, women, non-Christians, homosexuals and just about anyone and everyone who isn’t a straight, white Christian male.

It's not the rant of the author so much that ticked me off, it's that my chums thought it was a "good read."     They failed to see the prejudice and hate that they would be quick to pounce on if I said the same thing about one of them.   I guess I knew all along they felt this way, but I had thought since there was this high school buddy connection maybe I could redirect their wayward ways.   Maybe this was a fine distinction in their behavior, but it finally reminded me,

Never try to teach a pig to sing.   It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
--Robert Heinlein

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: This hateful and vile speech is NOT a GOOD READ
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:25:40 AM »
OK, Now that I have read the editorial I have lost three minutes that I will never get back or get anything out of.

Typical smarter than you editorial tearing down others through the use of half truths, gray lies, and out right fabrications.  Sad thing is that all sides write them and give those of their beliefs a bad name.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »

I guess I should have either not posted the link, or given a stronger warning.

WARNING.  WARNING. 

This is typical of speech encouraged by the Alinsky playbook. 
Will work for ammo

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:59:09 AM »
Hey, if you think the article is bad DO NOT read the comments!  These people hate any they need articles like this to justify that hate and fuel it.  It's funny that these people don't get is that republican does not equal conservative.  I am a conservative and what I mean by that is that I am all for conserving the Constitution.  For the most part, republicans are just marginally better than the opposition.

I never bother with politics on Facebook, it's an epic waste of time.  It takes a special kind of narcissist that thinks their clever meme is somehow going to change everyone's mind and make them think just like them.  However, I never "defriend"  the nut jobs, just ignore their feeds.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »
What would the front organization of the CPUSA know about patriotism ?
These are the same people who fought a war to save slavery, and protected confessed communist spies during the cold war.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:55:48 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »
... It takes a special kind of narcissist that thinks their clever meme is somehow going to change everyone's mind and make them think just like them.  However, I never "defriend"  the nut jobs, just ignore their feeds.

I'm just a regular narcissist, not a special one.  I thought I might be able to at least have my two HS buddies question some of their political stands.  Not quite up to the "change everyone's mind" level yet. ;)   

Will work for ammo

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:21:42 PM »
Just from Alf's description I didn't click on it.

I might some morning when the coffee isn't kicking my blood pressure into gear fast enough...
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 08:24:25 AM »
Oh Alf, I dunno you may be able to persuade them.  You'll have to change your tactics though.

I have a progressive cousin and flat out telling him he was a mindless idiot while avoiding the "rabbit hole" of discussion has gone a long way to helping him over his speech impediment. 

The family smiling and being polite for 40 years while talking reason got nowhere.  They were all scared he would drift away....hogwash.  He's closer to me who stands for something than the milksops....and he's drifting away from the leftists now. 

Of course, if your friends present an opportunity to threaten to report the cash earnings to the IRS that does a lot to temper outlandish leftist rhetoric and begins to ferment a move towards the right.

I'm just sayin'....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 02:53:09 PM »
There ya go Rastus ! Blackmail is a great debate tool if it's available !  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk