Poll

Are you surprised to know radical Hillary Rodham Clinton reached out to Saul Alinsky?

I already knew.  This is old news.
2 (16.7%)
I did not know.  I am not surprised.
9 (75%)
Saul Alinsky is a figment of your imagination comrade.
0 (0%)
It's not going to matter with the hordes running across our border.  Deport she and her ilk to Kalifornia.
0 (0%)
Hillary who?  Pshaw...that can't be true.  She's a DEMOCRAT she would not do anything like that.  My grandpappy told me about those no good Republicans and I know that no national Democrat would do something like that and hide it.
0 (0%)
Chelsea Clinton for Libyan Ambassador!  What does it matter?
1 (8.3%)
No worries, she'll just hit that old red reset button and voila', it's all better now.
0 (0%)
What, me worry?  I am an urban soccer mom activist voter.  Life is great.  Now move out the way of my SUV you pig.
0 (0%)
I wonder if she helped torpedo Goldwater?
0 (0%)
Lies, all lies I say.  Hillary is a patriotic American.  She loves Amerika, really she does.  Loral did not donate to the DNC money it made from selling out US Technology to the Chinese.  How jaded you are.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 06, 2014, 06:15:58 AM

Author Topic: Hillary Swooned Over SAUL ALINSKY Like A Schoolgirl With A Crush  (Read 5570 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Hillary Swooned Over SAUL ALINSKY Like A Schoolgirl With A Crush
« on: September 22, 2014, 06:15:58 AM »
I had not heard this before but I am not surprised.  The link below has images of letters Hillary sent to Saul Alinsky.  From the way it was written there is can be little doubt of her childish crush on the radical.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/the-hillary-letters/
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Hillary Swooned Over SAUL ALINSKY Like A Schoolgirl With A Crush
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
What difference does it make?   :D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
Read it this morning, so it was old news  ;D.  Not very old new, but a few  hours anyway.

I was not surprised at all. 

I would be surprised if a "useful idiot" who occupies a high level position was not influenced by him.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 01:55:34 PM »
Any one who understands politics should "swoon" over Alinsky, the man was a genius.
He took Julius Caesar, Machiavelli,Lenin, and Hitler, people who actually successfully practiced politics, and distilled them down to a series of principles that any one but an idiot, or a Republican can understand.

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 04:04:45 PM »
and distilled them down to a series of principles that any one but an idiot, or a Republican can understand.

Good stuff, I see what you did there!
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Sponsor

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 04:26:46 PM »
Any one who understands politics should "swoon" over Alinsky, the man was a genius.
He took Julius Caesar, Machiavelli,Lenin, and Hitler, people who actually successfully practiced politics, and distilled them down to a series of principles that any one but an idiot, or a Republican can understand.

True.  Seems a major problem with Conservatives is that have a problem living as hypocrites.   
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 06:21:30 AM »
True.  Seems a major problem with Conservatives is that have a problem living as hypocrites.   

My point exactly. As Machiavelli wrote in "The Prince" (paraphrased because I don't recall his exact words) If apparently virtuous things keep you from gaining power, or keeping it once you have gained it, (in this case we are talking about sensible pro American leadership for America that does not rape us on taxes , kill our jobs and aid our enemies) then it is in fact no virtue, since it may make the individual feel good but destroys the state.
This is my gripe with "Bible thumpers" they selfishly put their own spiritual gain above the practical needs of the country.   

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:19 AM »
Bible thumpers as in Ted Cruz who is standing for something or pretenders like McConnell & Graham? 

Trey Gowdy perhaps?   
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 08:31:04 AM »
My point exactly. As Machiavelli wrote in "The Prince" (paraphrased because I don't recall his exact words) If apparently virtuous things keep you from gaining power, or keeping it once you have gained it, (in this case we are talking about sensible pro American leadership for America that does not rape us on taxes , kill our jobs and aid our enemies) then it is in fact no virtue, since it may make the individual feel good but destroys the state.
This is my gripe with "Bible thumpers" they selfishly put their own spiritual gain above the practical needs of the country.   

Tom,  I have been thinking for some time about something you said a little while ago.  What you said was something like  -You do what you have to do to get into power, then you use that power to do what is right for the country-  something to that effect.   After watching the failure of "good politicians" I can't disagree....but  :D... again after thinking about agreeing, it became clear that if you needed to use any means to gain power, you would, on the same hand, need to use any means to stay in power.  (Which is pretty much what you say in your quoted post above).  Well, that is where I become concerned.

We have not eliminated the problem, we just give another "team" the chance to "rape us on taxes, kill our jobs and aid our enemies", if they feel they need to do so to secure their ability to stay in power. 

And I'm not picking on the Republicans or Democrats.  I have said I am a Libertarian.  We don't need to discuss the pros/cons of Libertarians, I'm just using them as an example.  I am Libertarian because I think they are more of what I think the country needs than either the other two.  They have refereed to as the party of principal and I has seen it demonstrated by their candidates to accept matching federal funds for the campaign they had raised.  After realizing that put their candidates at a significant disadvantage financially, they changed the police and left it up to the individual candidate to accept or not.  So, just like the other parties, they are willing to sacrifice some of their principles in order to gain power. 

My concern then is that they would be willing to sacrifice more of them to place more of their candidates in office and then again to keep them in office and it becomes "Politics As Usual".

I don't have much faith in any party to not become corrupted when they gain the rationale to compromise principles in order to gain and keep power.

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.  And Lesser Power Corrupts as much as it is able to become Absolute Power.

I don't have what I consider as good solutions to all this, but as you have been  "spouting this crap"   ;)   longer, perhaps you, or anyone else here, does?

The only measures I can think of that might  help..and they both have drawbacks are:

1.  Short Term Limits.  Keeps the corruptible from gaining power.  It also keeps the good politicians from gaining power...but gaining power is a risk, it seems.

2.  Making violating the Constitution and your oath of office a capital offense.  For sure a few public hangings of politicians who accepted bribes for their votes and for those offering those bribes would tend to dampen the enthusiasm in that market.  We would have to lay those rules on Justices also, since they can also violate their oaths and the Constitution.   So we have a problem on who decides if the oath and the Constitution has been violated.  Also, what is a bribe?  Surely a political contribution can be considered a bribe in a lot of circumstances, so how to you distinguish between "honest" contributions and "corrupt" ones?

Whew...maybe we will get some helpful observations. 

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:12 AM »
Here's an example.
Charity is supposed to be a good thing, right ?
The Dems are extremely charitable, to the point that the nations economy is nearly destroyed by debt and rapacious taxes.
Charity on the personal level may be fine, on the national level it should be a death penalty offense.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk