Author Topic: I need some help with charity auction item  (Read 3455 times)

tombogan03884

Re: I need some help with charity auction item
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
Knowing the kind of work you do, I'd second the rocking horse. But I would want to see pictures before you donate it.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
did the rocking horse thing years ago for a shriners auction years ago,  it was still there last time I was.  It took weeks to build, as almost every thing on it had to be glued up in sections and rockers were bent wood laminations.  I did think about making some wood bowls on the lathe, but the bowl blanks I can find local suck and are priced well like 22 ammo.   I want to build something you would buy for yourself or to give as a gift rather then something to just donate. I also like stuff to be used,  so art pieces are out, never been my thing.  This is also something that you have to take home with you in black tie so smaller is better.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 05:28:41 PM »
  doctors/ dentists and other industry professionals.

You are talking some good money there.  Wood framed mirror, curio shelf, or barrister's bookcase.  These are all items that can be used in a professional office.  Consider charity identification and date included on the item as recognition of what they have support
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 05:47:17 PM »
You are talking some good money there.  Wood framed mirror, curio shelf, or barrister's bookcase.  These are all items that can be used in a professional office.  Consider charity identification and date included on the item as recognition of what they have support

Good Ideas, m58....but a bit big to carry..

TAB, maybe you can include a voucher for a delivery in your truck? 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »
The event is a 5 hour drive and people will be traveling from all over the west coast.  Has to be easy to carry.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:02:07 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 06:31:27 AM »
How about a knife block with ceramic inserts so that good knives are sharpened as they are taken out or replaced ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk