Author Topic: LCP or other .380?  (Read 18305 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: LCP or other .380?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 05:25:57 PM »
Today I was running errands and went to one of the local gun stores on the way home. I didn't plan on buying anything but I fondled a stainless LCP and it was begging to come home with me. I liked how it felt so I bought it as a birthday present for myself. Now all I have to do is figure out how to pay off my credit card.   ???  This is the first pistol I didn't have to get a purchase permit from the city police for. I already have the paper work in the mail to get the extra mag and box of ammo. No pics but look at this one and imagine my big toe next to it.   ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »
jf, I love my LCP!  I tried several types of ammo and finally settled on the one it liked best.  Bought several boxes!  Only had one ftf after the break in period and that was with quality sd ammo.  Nothing since.

Enjoy,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

MinotBob

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 09:01:26 PM »
I have and LCP and it has been my EDC for several years. I would not get rid of it but I have fondled the Glock 42 and it is really tempting. It's a little larger but still disappears nicely in my pocket.
Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:51 PM »
disclaimer... I shoot a G34 for USPSA/3gun competition....I just replaced the LCP with a G42... yes it is slightly bigger, but the trigger breaks in the middle of the pull like the rest of the Glocks, not like the LCP/P3AT at the frame... the sights are actually pretty good for a Glock... and I can "drive" this thing with accurate, multiple shots, something I could not do with the LCP... I looked at the Recluse line of pocket holsters, and their innovative cut down the spine to allow your hand to grip the frame, and modified an older Andrews pocket holster to work with the square trigger guard of the G42

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 01:07:16 AM »
I just got done reading the owner's manual. I learned a couple of things, like the frame insert is aluminum, not steel. I paid $89.01 less than MSRP, $339.99 versus $429.00. I didn't shop around but think I got it for a decent price.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:16:19 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 06:37:40 AM »
$339 is a good price.   Today's Cabela's tab has them on sale at $389 in "my" store.  (I refer to my trips there now as going to the holy land.)

Someone's rule of thumb, but more for competition than everyday carry, is 10 magazines.     I'm not quite there, but I do have 6 for my carry gun and will get to the 10 level soon.   It makes rotation easy.   Load five of them, (1 in the gun, 1 carry, 1 in the car and two in the Get Home bag).   When you go to the range, shoot those, then put them aside and load the other 5.  Simpler than Cooper's rotation schedule.

I have 12 for my Glock but that's because it means I can shoot two entries in indoor league without reloading.

Glad you got the LCP.    Of the pocket sized .380s that's a good one.  Just stay away from Taurus.  Been there, done that.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:04 PM »
There was a coupon for 20% off accessories up to $20 off in the box with the gun. They have 2 pocket holsters I'm looking at. I like the looks of the Blackhawk and it's only $14.95. The other one is 5 bucks more. Has anyone used these? What else would you recommend if not these? I was also wondering if anyone has tried the 7-round magazine and what do you think of it? It looks kind of bulky.

http://shopruger.com/LCP-7-Round-Extended-Magazine/productinfo/90405/
http://shopruger.com/LCP-Blackhawk-Pocket-Holster/productinfo/50090/
http://shopruger.com/Tuff-JR-Roo-Combo-Pocket-Holster-for-Ruger-LCP/productinfo/50197/

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 07:41:37 AM »
 shameless pitch for a G42... at the end of the pistol match Sunday, I had a box of Russian ammo I wanted to shoot up... 9 guys on the squad (none owned a G42) shot 5 rounds each at about 18yds after just trying the trigger...  all 50 rounds were in the "A" zone....

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2014, 03:35:27 PM »
shameless pitch for a G42... at the end of the pistol match Sunday, I had a box of Russian ammo I wanted to shoot up... 9 guys on the squad (none owned a G42) shot 5 rounds each at about 18yds after just trying the trigger...  all 50 rounds were in the "A" zone....

Plug for the G42?   Sounds like one hell of a squad you got there too.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »
Old Farts mostly... though half or so had a 4 digit USPSA number...
Les L-747

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk