Author Topic: The Growing Police State.  (Read 7050 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: The Growing Police State.
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »
"He was a quiet man".  ::)

and a good kid,  he would never hurt a fly....

honestly I am shocked this does not happen more often.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Henny

• NRA Life Member
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »
Speaking of being a "good kid".....

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pennsylvania-trooper-suspect-eric-frein-not-psycho-says-sister-n205311

I'm sure he was just getting his life back together.

I wonder how many psychotropic drugs he was on?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 07:26:28 PM »
Next will be his nice mommy and his pet dog Sparky.

meaganp12

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »
I've said often here that we have a problem with the growing "Us Against Them" attitude and militarization of local police forces.

Here is an article that speaks to the issue in depth.

An Open Letter To My Friends In Law Enforcement

Let me just be blunt: ever since Ronald Reagan left office, both Republican and Democrat presidential administrations--along with both Republican and Democrat congresses--in Washington, D.C., are turning the United States of America into a giant Police State. And that means that our local and State police agencies are being transformed before our very eyes into the enforcement arm of this burgeoning Police State. And one of the biggest reasons for this growing threat to our liberties is that it seems that you--our local and State police officers and sheriff’s deputies--do not understand that you are the ones that are being used to create this nefarious Police State.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd04/baldwin-open-letter-to-le.htm

This doesn't come as a surprise.  I already consider the police as a militarized force.  But I have to ask, are you doubting the whole police force?

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 09:14:52 AM »
This doesn't come as a surprise.  I already consider the police as a militarized force.  But I have to ask, are you doubting the whole police force?

No...but I do have concerns that those not immersed in the "Jack Booted" ethos with not stand against their LEO "brothers" when the lines are crossed.

I observed a local news story where a teen driver was being charged with reckless operation and causing an accident.  As the story unfolded, a police officer came forward as a "whistle blower".  He has arrived on the scene with other responding officers and there was an off duty police officer who was intoxicated and the cause of the crash.  He was taken home by other officers and the accident report was written to put the blame on the teen.

This was only stopped because a police officer had the courage to speak up and do what was right.

I did not see any follow up on this, but I often wonder about the careers of the intoxicated officer, the cover-up officers and the whistle blower.  Don't know, but I suspect the whistle blower didn't fare well.

If there are officers who will uphold the law fairly we will know who that are when they hold their fellow officers to that same standard.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:15:28 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »

Yes, I am.
Since they don't have labels on their foreheads it makes guessing wrong a lot safer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk