Author Topic: Need to learn about Oklahoma UPDATE  (Read 3895 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Need to learn about Oklahoma
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »
You "guys" worry me sometimes.? ? ?    :o
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Need to learn about Oklahoma UPDATE
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 06:44:07 AM »
Received a call yesterday AM from the 'money man' behind the operation in OKC.  He asked for me by name.  I didn't recognize the number or area code so I asked who was calling.  He didn't like that!   He began by saying he was calling about the job offer.  I explained I was investigating OKC in particular and Oklahoma in general, taxes, property values, cost of living, moving costs had already been looked into.  I was now looking into the water situation and how the water board had just reduced the amount permitted to be drawn from the aquifer by 90%, and that combined with the drought status in OK concerned me.  At that point, he said, thank you for your time, it was nice speaking with you and hung up.  I guess the offer has been rescinded.

Hell, due diligence on my part is unacceptable on his part.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »
Hell, due diligence on my part is unacceptable on his part.

Itemizing it to him is what he didn't like . He probably wanted a yes or no, not a CIA style area report.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 08:51:06 AM »
Probably looking for someone who will jump right in and help them fudge the books.
I have a cousin who lost several comptroller jobs with auto dealers because within a few months being there she figured out the financial scams going on. When she pointed them out to the owner she got fired.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk