Author Topic: Ugly Weekend A Commin  (Read 7893 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Ugly Weekend A Commin
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »
Mother-In-Law turns 90 on the 26th.  Pretty good considering that on September 11, 2001, she had a tumor the size of an orange removed from her brain.  Father-In-Law has been gone just over six years now, so she is alone in an assisted living place.  Great place with great staff, but still not where I want to end my life.

What does this have to do with my life?

The invasion of the left wing of the family is descending on us.  Brother-In-Law is going to stay with us for two nights.  To keep peace in the family I am playing the "Hide all Firearms and Stuff" game tonight in preparation.

Of course, this also means that since I have gone to all the work to Bloomberg proof the house in terms of hardware, the reading material will not be moved:  American Rifleman, FrontSight, ConcealedCarry, Personal & Home Defense, and Personal Defense are all in their normal places; Blue Press and a few other catalogs are next to each throne; and assorted other books are on the reading tables.  I even have the standard DVD selection out, where they always are, including Rob Pincus' Counter Ambush course that I have started four times and intend to finish one of these days.

Will be interesting to see how it goes this year.  Two visits back he chose to chew me out over guns and stuff.  After the shock wore off I got pissed, because I finally remembered that THIS  IS  MY  HOUSE, NOT YOURS!  Last visit was quiet, but I could tell he was avoiding certain discussions and would not enter the family room - Where my office, gun room, and my stuff is.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ugly Weekend A Commin
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:21:35 PM »
Well, delicate flowers are easily bruised and far left authoritarians are just outraged that you do not simply bow to their superior morality and knowledge.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 05:18:27 AM »
"" what Haz said.   

Statis/elitists  doesn't like to be reminded that at the first sign of trouble, they would call someone with a gun and pray they would arrive in time.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:46:18 AM »
I have a sister-in-law that thinks the same way. I don't bring any of it up, but if she does I ride it like an over-priced rented mule. I beat it, I don't feed it, I don't give it any water, and when it's tired I drag it up onto it's feet and throw on some more baggage.

I don't have to put up with her in my house as much any more.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:37:00 AM »
Leave the guns where they belong.
If the liberal doesn't like it he can go to a motel.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:15:12 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:52:37 AM »
Well Mike good luck with all of that.  My in-laws are gun people and we struggle about other things so I still feel your pain.  However did you say, he chewed you out 2 years ago about guns? 

I have a cousin who used to really blow up about "assault weapons" and the "gun show loophole" and other masturbatory concepts the anti-gunners have.  Except for me, the entire family Mollycoddles his liberal behind and I get blasted for not falling in line with them....however he respects me over the others in the family. 

He is also beginning to change his views....which coincides with a discussion between he and my son and I where he became enlightened that talking stupid $hit in our face without listening to the truth that exposes the liberal lies he feeds upon would get his ass whipped.  There is only so much of the bull$hit high ground baseless liberal talk where they will "Defend your right to _________ (fill in the blank) to the death." which they use to justify their stance that I can take.  At some point I just feel like it needs to get real to them and, voila', it seems as though that BS talk of "Defending your right to ______ to the death." gets changed to "You have a point there" when confronted with far less consequences....like taking a minor ass whipping.

Now I know we have to keep peace with the wives, but I'd leave the guns out brother unless there are small children coming with him.  When bro-in-law shows up let him rant.  I've seen you and I figure you can whip his ass.  Maybe you should tell him that with your arm around his shoulder.  There is only so much peace a guy can tolerate when it comes to in-laws despite consequences of living in the doghouse or on the couch.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 09:18:15 AM »
It would seem your Brother-In-Law favors an unarmed populace.

Support his views by decorating the guest room with pictures of the slaughter of unarmed populace by their governments.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 09:52:38 AM »
I guess I am lucky.  All of my left-wing nut job relatives are mostly pro-gun.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 10:27:21 AM »
screw the hide fire arms crap.  its your house, f him... don't change who you are or your pass times for anyone.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
I'm scared !  Really, deep down, disturbed, SCARED.
TAB posted what I was actually thinking. !
But I think Rastus and Solus are really on the right track, Point out to BIL that with his opinion that gun owners are all homicidal nut cases means that he is not to bright to be pissing one off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk