Author Topic: Must have slipped my mind...  (Read 3062 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Must have slipped my mind...
« on: August 13, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »
I got an email from Gabby Giffords today,

K -
If we're going to win against the gun lobby in this election, we all need to come together and support candidates who will stand up for commonsense gun policies.
According to our records, you haven't donated to Americans for Responsible Solutions yet this year.

DAMN! Did I mail a check to the NRA by mistake again?
*Pinky swear* I'll get it right next year.

Monitoring enemy frequencies can be entertaining sometimes.

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

Re: Must have slipped my mind...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:37:01 AM »
I ran across a news story the other day that many Dems find the gun issue so toxic that they are requesting Gabby and Hubby stay out of their states so the voters won't be reminded of their anti gun votes.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:05:05 AM »
For once, the 2nd Amendment Rights might actually be the top issue in an election.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:27:56 PM »
We have to MAKE IT a big issue, because the liberals have taken such an asswhoopin' on it they won't talk about it.

http://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts-governor-signs-law-tightening-state-gun-rules-135146176.html

Massachusetts governor signs law tightening state gun rules

BOSTON (Reuters) - Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has signed into law a measure giving police chiefs authority to turn down a resident's requests to buy a rifle or shotgun if they believe the person may be a danger.

The measure broadens the authority of police, who were already allowed to deny sales of handguns to people who failed background checks. The new measure gives a police chief 90 days to petition a court to deny a firearms identification card to someone the chief believes to be unfit.

"Our communities and our families are safer when irresponsible gun sales and use are reduced," Patrick said after signing the bill on Wednesday. "This legislation moves us in that direction."

House lawmakers passed the measure two weeks ago, overriding objections from gun-rights advocates in the state Senate who had opposed the measure, worrying that police chiefs could abuse the authority to deny firearms to law-abiding citizens.

The measure allows people with restrictions on their gun licenses to seek judicial review and also declassifies self-defense spray as ammunition.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »
We have to MAKE IT a big issue, because the liberals have taken such an asswhoopin' on it they won't talk about it.

http://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts-governor-signs-law-tightening-state-gun-rules-135146176.html

Massachusetts governor signs law tightening state gun rules

BOSTON (Reuters) - Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has signed into law a measure giving police chiefs authority to turn down a resident's requests to buy a rifle or shotgun if they believe the person may be a danger.

The measure broadens the authority of police, who were already allowed to deny sales of handguns to people who failed background checks. The new measure gives a police chief 90 days to petition a court to deny a firearms identification card to someone the chief believes to be unfit.

"Our communities and our families are safer when irresponsible gun sales and use are reduced," Patrick said after signing the bill on Wednesday. "This legislation moves us in that direction."

House lawmakers passed the measure two weeks ago, overriding objections from gun-rights advocates in the state Senate who had opposed the measure, worrying that police chiefs could abuse the authority to deny firearms to law-abiding citizens.

The measure allows people with restrictions on their gun licenses to seek judicial review and also declassifies self-defense spray as ammunition.

"if he believes"

These three little words and what they mean have been used to strip millions of their Constitutional protections in recent decades.  There must be a mail order course that teaches Police Chiefs and Sheriffs how to write "pose a danger to self or others" on every firearms related application that comes to their office.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:27:13 AM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »
re: monitoring enemy's frequency  .... The Art of War, Sun Tzu circa 500BC... "Therefore, determine the enemy's plans and you will know which strategy will be successful and which will not"

1970 Goodfellow, AFB graduate

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 06:49:20 AM »
Hey Les, He also wrote that a General who wins all his battles is good, but a General who defeats his enemy with out fighting is better.
He then went on to talk about how defeating an army is basically a waste of time if you can defeat the enemies strategy.
The only analogy I can think of is, "if you knock over the board it doesn't matter where the pieces were.
That is the best way to deal with the anti's, keep hitting them out of left field with questions they can't or don't want to answer.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 08:32:56 AM »
Another analogy for defeating the strategy, in politics, might be:

If your enemy's strategy is to go all out to insure their candidate wins the Presidential election, set up events so that the election does not take place.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 09:01:58 AM »
Another analogy for defeating the strategy, in politics, might be:

If your enemy's strategy is to go all out to insure their candidate wins the Presidential election, set up events so that the election does not take place.

The problem with that is that it depends on the reaction of the notoriously fickle mob.
Look at the French Revolution as an example, the people who started it, like Robespierre ended up getting the chop they intended for others, while their intended "democracy" became Bonaparte's Imperial dictatorship.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 10:34:27 AM »
The problem with that is that it depends on the reaction of the notoriously fickle mob.
Look at the French Revolution as an example, the people who started it, like Robespierre ended up getting the chop they intended for others, while their intended "democracy" became Bonaparte's Imperial dictatorship.

True, but if "their" goal is not to stay in power, but to destroy the country, it could work.

If we don't resist the power grab of canceling the elections, they win. 

If it is contested, they throw the country into civil war (depending upon how the armed services fall out) that could be prolonged.  The curent admin can  pack it in and go back home if it looks bad.

Unlike the French Revolution enemies who want to see the country destroyed can come assist from around the globe...and they wouldn't really care if they won as long as enough damage was being done and the conflict was prolonged.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk