Author Topic: BLR Project just got real.  (Read 18400 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: BLR Project just got real.
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
True...in the video, I did wonder why no one had more than one light in the room...except the shot of the inventor who had maybe 8 of them

Maybe something like   "In the land of no lights, the one light room is king"

May be.  ;)

On an unrelated note: That sounds like the "big gov't" mindset the libtards have concerning guns, eh??
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »

May be.  ;)

On an unrelated note: That sounds like the "big gov't" mindset the libtards have concerning guns, eh??

Yeah....  The whole world is at risk from being destroyed by the one gun you have, why would anyone need more than that.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 07:57:17 PM »
Yeah....  The whole world is at risk from being destroyed by the one gun you have, why would anyone need more than that.

That...and the "In the land of no guns, OUR gun is the biggest."
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 04:33:41 PM »
Using this thread to continue my BugOut/GetHome/CarKit ideas:

I'm composing a full length treatise for posting in a separate thread, which we go into more detail on the rational for carrying or not carrying some things.  But for now I thought I'd update this thread on each of the three steps. 

For my travel and life style, I need three bags:  An everyday Car Kit, good mainly for overnight comfort and safety in bad weather.  A Get Home Bag for trips outside my local area which will support us for several days till we get back home.  Finally, a true Bug Out Bag for when home must be abandoned.

Here's the final Car Kit, utilizing a base kit from prepareWise preparewise.com.  It's their Essential 2-Person Survival Kit.   I've added a few things and substituted a better flashlight for their model.

Stock Car Kit
1    Back pack
1   Rubber Flashlight (D)
2   Light Stick 8 hours
1   AM/FM Radio (AAA)
2   Mylar Reflecitve Blanket
2   Plastic Pancho
1   Tube Tent
12   Water Pouch 4.2oz
1   Multi-Tool
1   Duct Tape
1   Whistle/Flint/Mirror Combo
1   Utility Rope 50ft
2   N95 Breathing Mask
1   Work Gloves
1   Deck of Cards
1   Gi Can Opener
1   Pencil
   First Aid Kit
15   Bandages 3/8x1.5
15   Bandages 0.65x3
2   Sterile Sponge 2x2
6   Alcohol Pads
2   Antiseptic Towelettes
2   Butterfly Closures
10   Qtips
1   Iodine Pad

Added to Car Kit
1   Surgical Tape
1   Tweezers and small scissors
1   Dental Floss
1   Toilet Paper
8   Hand Sanitizer Packets
2   Socks and underwear
1   Large Towel
2   Hand Towels
4   Food Bars
2   Sporks
2   Metal cups
4   Instant Coffee, tea bags, instant drink mixes
1   Insect Repellent
1   Sun Screen
1   Quality Folding Knife
2   Tea Candles
1   Bic lighter, water proof matches
1   LED Tactical Light (AA)  (Dorcy HiFlux)
1   LED Work Light(AA) – (Dorcy 72)

Of course, I have my CCW and there are some other things in the car, like extra blanket and towels, but the kit is designed to grab and go if the car is abandoned.   There are so many things that could be added, but I think this will keep us save and comfortable if stuck around town.  I actually put together two of these, one for each car.  Trying to also keep it under 10 pounds.  Simplify.   Simplify. Simplify is the key word.  I've taken out a number of things from when I first started.  For example there's no need for spare batteries because of the short duration. 

The other kits will compliment and add to the capabilities.  This one is just for an overnight interruption while driving around town.   

Working on getting the next Get Home (long distance travel) kit assembled before I go to the Southern Regional Revolver Championships next month.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »
I don't see anything to use the can opener or spork on... :-X
Best Wishes, Mike.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 10:18:36 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2014, 07:54:08 AM »
I don't see anything to use the can opener or spork on... :-X

Good observation.  Nor do you see sugar or creamer.  The spork and opener are to take advantage of any food found or offered.  Feeling is that for a single night it's not worth stocking or carrying food, but it's nice to be able to eat it, comfortably, if you find it. 
Will work for ammo

tombogan03884

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2014, 09:15:07 AM »
If nothing else you should at least add some packages of instant oatmeal.

ExurbanKevin

• Working on Gun Culture 2.1RC3
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • There are CZ's, and there's everything else
    • Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2014, 07:47:03 PM »
Looks good. Didn't see anything for dealing with GSW's or other major trauma, or maybe I just missed it. I like to keep a C.A.T. tourniquet, Israeli bandage and a small Quikclot bandage in my car and in my range bag, just in case.
I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »
you may find some ideas here... LDS has been doing this for a long time

http://lds.about.com/od/preparednessfoodstorage/a/72hour_kit.htm

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »
Les, I hadn't read anything from LDS, because I tend to think of them as "stay-at-home prepardness" not so much "bug-out".     I will though with your link.  Thanks.

Kevin,  I debate back and forth about what goes in each level and what doesn't.  Israeli bandages are so neat, you're probably right.   Never thought about putting one in my range bag.   Good idea.

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk