Author Topic: BLR Project just got real.  (Read 18415 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: BLR Project just got real.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:08 PM »
Cool trick, Chuck,

You've seen the videos (India I think) where they cut holes in the roofs of hovels and insert drink bottles to provide lighting inside the house.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »
Yep.

I guess I could do that in my small camper to save power......  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 03:32:26 AM »
Keep in mind that the more filtered and pure the water, the brighter the light refraction.

I stuck a lightbulb and a couple of batteries in a water jug and it didn't do squat.  :P
Should I watch the video?
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
I stuck a lightbulb and a couple of batteries in a water jug and it didn't do squat.  :P
Should I watch the video?

You need more power......try using an extension cord.  :o  :o  :o 

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »
You need more power......try using an extension cord.  :o  :o  :o 

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

LOL

1/4 cup of salt will  help too.     ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 12:15:19 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
Here's a video of plastic bottles used for lighting.

[Sorry about that, see post below]

PEGLEG:  Maybe the batteries are too weak.  Put your tongue across the end of the extension cord.  See if that don't light things up.  ;)
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
Alf, your link was invalid.

Here is the original video I saw about solar lighting via bottles:

And another on the inventor of the concept:

**As to the tongue on the cord, I won't fall for that...... BUT, I have it on good authority (from a guy who was a summer maintenance flunky as a teenager) that using a sponge that is "too saturated with soapy water" to wipe down tile walls in bathrooms will electrify one's day if passed firmly over a wall outlet.  :o

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 09:40:18 AM »
How do the bottles do on an overcast day?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
Don't know, but still probably more light than nothing.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »
Don't know, but still probably more light than nothing.

True...in the video, I did wonder why no one had more than one light in the room...except the shot of the inventor who had maybe 8 of them

Maybe something like   "In the land of no lights, the one light room is king"

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk