Author Topic: headed to az  (Read 4131 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
headed to az
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »
So I will be traveling to az in a few weeks for work.    Any members in the Havasu and/ or  Phoenix areas?

I would like to know things like great places to eat/ cool "toy stores" to vist.  Etc etc
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

Re: headed to az
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:34:23 AM »
I'm sure Az will appreciate the warning.

Should I point out that most people travel South in the winter, not the hottest time of year ?
Nah, TAB's clever, he'll figure that out on his own .  ;D

Try a PM to BillT

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
There's the famed Scottsdale Gun Club (range) and right next door to it is a cool Class 3 dealer.

Probably 100 gun stores in the region.  Cabelas has a hugh store on the West side of town.  And of course, Ben Avery.

Then if have time and you go north a bit to Prescott there's Ruger and a dozen other gun related manufacturers
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 08:29:14 AM »
I'm sure Az will appreciate the warning.

Should I point out that most people travel South in the winter, not the hottest time of year ?
Nah, TAB's clever, he'll figure that out on his own .  ;D

Try a PM to BillT

Trust me I know, bend is where the snow birds come from.   This is a consulting gig.   All the fun and head ache of a project but none of thw back pain    ;D

I am not looking forward to the heat, but I am the $$$$

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »
Trust me I know, bend is where the snow birds come from.  This is a consulting gig.   All the fun and head ache of a project but none of thw back pain    ;D

I am not looking forward to the heat, but I am the $$$$

You should do well, God knows you are opinionated enough to have some to share !
Come to think of it, maybe I can make a few bucks on extra's I haven't used.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:09:50 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »
This is ada compliance on historic sites.   I know the laws, procedures and the gray areas better then the registry.   I also can give you real world numbers, not just a guess, but a actual bid.( not that I would do the work)    my hands on exp is what sets me apart.  The only thing I don't have is a pe,

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 01:21:46 PM »
This is ada compliance on historic sites.   I know the laws, procedures and the gray areas better then the registry.   I also can give you real world numbers, not just a guess, but a actual bid.( not that I would do the work)    my hands on exp is what sets me apart. The only thing I don't have is a pe,

Dr Tom prescribes coffee or beer and you'll have plenty.
By the way, "pee" has 2 "E's" in it.  ;D

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 03:35:16 PM »
Can't help you out in Havasu but Phx has lots of gun fun.
Alf already mentioned Scottsdale Gun Club. There's also 2 Shooter's World locations that have ranges. 
All are indoor and air conditioned....do you sense a trend here?  ;)

Are you bringing your own toys?   
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
TAB, I contacted a friend who lives in Havasu and here is the message I got in reply

Just give him my e-mail address. When he contacts me I will send him links. Pictures worth 1000 words. Let him know I live in Havasu. Does he, by chance, ride motorcycles?

I will PM you the email address.

Have fun   :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 05:05:58 PM »
Can't help you out in Havasu but Phx has lots of gun fun.
Alf already mentioned Scottsdale Gun Club. There's also 2 Shooter's World locations that have ranges. 
All are indoor and air conditioned....do you sense a trend here?  ;)

Are you bringing your own toys?   

No flying to vegas, then driving.  It would take me 2 days each way to drive.  Its 1200 miles.  I would need atleast a day to recover each way if I did it in one day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk