Author Topic: America - What a country!  (Read 1536 times)

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
America - What a country!
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:19:49 PM »
Just finished a 5,000 mile road trip with the wife and 4 teenagers.  This was pretty much our last vacation as a whole family and since we haven't had many we decided to drive out west.  What an amazing place this country is.  Just driving across this place is an adventure in itself.  Not sure where else you can see snow in the mountains one day and 111 degree temps in the desert the next.  Or replicas of the town of Venice and the Eiffel tower in the middle of a desert.  Hiking in the Colorado mountains was probably the favorite.  I really know I really liked Wyoming but seems awful desolate compared to the East.

The bad side is that keeping up with conceal carry laws across the states are a pain.  I used the "Travel's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States" that I saw advertised in a NRA magazine.  It was a huge help.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: America - What a country!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:08:36 PM »
Glad you enjoyed the trip.  ;D

I love to drive cross-country!!
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:42:55 PM »
Toss in the Grand Canyon, the Redwood Forest and the Pacific Ocean and it gets even better  :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
Spent 6 months in Idaho, and 2 in WY several years back.  While there, I visited the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, and more places than I have time to name here.  It is truly awesome.  By far, the most beautiful place I have ever seen is Montana.  Truly, Heaven, here on Earth.  I would move there in a instant if I could find gainful employment!
Life Member of the NRA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk