Author Topic: Streamlined CCW in Georgia  (Read 1739 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 983
Streamlined CCW in Georgia
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:23:08 PM »
Just got my renewed Weapons License in the mail today. I filled out the paperwork and applied last Monday at lunch, so that was a pretty quick turnaround (usually took around two weeks each time in the past).

Thanks to the new law that went into effect on July 1, the renewal fee dropped to a flat $30 if you renew within 30 days prior to the expiration date. Previously, renewals were treated the same as a new application....now it is like a drivers license renewal. Since I had been electronically fingerprinted at the last renewal five years ago, I was in the Probate Court office less than thirty minutes.....and that length of time was only because the digital camera cause the computer to stall and the lady had to re-enter all my info.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Streamlined CCW in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
That's good to know, Peg! I'm SERIOUSLY thinkin' about becoming a Flatlander in the near future.   ;)
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 05:36:26 PM »
Do ya think I'll be accepted as a yankee-born, hill-lovin' redneck? LMAO! (I know better, but have wishful thinkin'!) Thinkin' of settlin' around Thomasville or Quitman area, but open to suggestions!
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 07:25:28 AM »
Hey McGyver, don't take no crap down there about being a "Yankee".
Just point out that James Longstreet was from New Jersey.  ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 983
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »
Do ya think I'll be accepted as a yankee-born, hill-lovin' redneck? LMAO! (I know better, but have wishful thinkin'!) Thinkin' of settlin' around Thomasville or Quitman area, but open to suggestions!

If'n you have redneck in ya, it doesn't matter where you're from....you'll do fine.  ;D  ;D  ;D

That area is just south of me..... I am in the Tifton area.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:39:03 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk