Author Topic: Best Handgun for Under $100  (Read 145458 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Best Handgun for Under $100
« on: July 26, 2008, 07:49:02 PM »
So Haz got me thinking and yes, I will give it to him that the Hi-Point is probably the best hand gun for $150...... But what are your opinions on what would be the best handgun for under $100??? Do they even still exist??? I know you would probably have to go the route of a used gun, but I am very interested in hearing the opinions on this and the war stories of guns practically "stolen" at gun shows.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Best Handgun for Under $100
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:01:42 PM »
Probably an H&R .38 revolver.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
PA 63 in 9mm Mak, $99 from  www.jgsales.com
Of course if revolvers are your thing, Nagants go for $79

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »
Tom, I got this one for $50.00 does that count?  ;D ;D

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 09:42:20 PM »
11 years ago. I bought a nickel/chrome  Davis .380, yes the "little" gangsta version for $91.87, It worked great and never FTFire.  The ex-wife ended up with it, because once on a Tuesday, with a full moon,  during a high tide, when the planets were in alignment, wearing dark socks, I said she should always have a pistol,... :-X :P

Now the company name is Cobra, same pistol,... But it works, sad but true, for $91.87 , saw one at the last gun show for $129.00, some have for $150.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZG93dLXHt4&feature=related

Odd to say, but this little pistol just worked, may have been cheap, not one on the top of the list, but maybe I got lucky with different ammo as well..

Hard to pin a SD pistol for less than $100 these days,..Of course, just my .02 cents

I
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:28:49 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »
Under 100 I would say the Nagant.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 10:14:12 PM »
Under 100 I would say the Nagant.

this
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 10:23:08 PM »
Tom, I got this one for $50.00 does that count?  ;D ;D

If that's a Bond, don't tell MB what you paid  ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 08:36:03 AM »
SOG has the PA-63 Makarov for 99.95 each IF you buy two or more. 

The 7.62 Nagant is 69.95, the Hi Point .380 is 89.95 and the Hi Point 9mm is 99.95.  Firestorms in .32 and .380 for 94.95 to 99.95  and derringers starting at 89.95
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 09:09:31 AM »
twyacht, I have one of those Davis .380's, fun to play with but I won't carry it. I bought it brand new at a gun show for $50.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk