Author Topic: New S&W DC vs. Heller commemorative revolver  (Read 3737 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: New S&W DC vs. Heller commemorative revolver
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:36:54 PM »
Tom Gresham a few weeks ago was making a lot of noise about getting Heller, Palmer, and the other 4 involved in the original case commemorative guns with special s/ns. He was going to raise money to buy them, S&W should just give them to the 6 IMNAAHO.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:46:31 PM »
Tom Gresham a few weeks ago was making a lot of noise about getting Heller, Palmer, and the other 4 involved in the original case commemorative guns with special s/ns. He was going to raise money to buy them, S&W should just give them to the 6 IMNAAHO.

They did. Give them to the 6 plaintiffs I mean.

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 05:12:09 PM »
that's awesome!

Ron J

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 05:15:42 PM »
Didn't Scalia state in his opinion that trigger locks were "unconstitutional"?  If so, I hope they will make these without the IL. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:23:35 AM »

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 04:06:18 AM »
I'm sorry to see that they gave it it's own model number (442 SAF Commemorative). To be sold in CA, it has to be submitted for safety testing, and it probably won't be submitted. I was hoping it would be more a custom shop type thing that would keep only it's original number. I'd have been proud to show up on the line with it.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 07:46:43 AM »
I'm sorry to see that they gave it it's own model number (442 SAF Commemorative). To be sold in CA, it has to be submitted for safety testing, and it probably won't be submitted.

I'm sorry for you personally.   Yes it would have been nice had S&W thought of that since it was just a model # thing.

It's too bad that Californians elected those anti-gun representatives.   I don't feel however that the rest of the country needs to kowtow to CA laws.   To make all products to the lowest common denominator would mean that California or Maryland would control the gun market.   To that end I take some pleasure in buying models not approved for CA. 

Now that I think about it, it's quite appropriate that the gun isn't approved in CA and I hope they don't even try to get it approved.

No personal offense meant to you, Fuz.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 05:08:02 AM »
I'm sorry for you personally.   Yes it would have been nice had S&W thought of that since it was just a model # thing.

It's too bad that Californians elected those anti-gun representatives.   I don't feel however that the rest of the country needs to kowtow to CA laws.   To make all products to the lowest common denominator would mean that California or Maryland would control the gun market.   To that end I take some pleasure in buying models not approved for CA. 

Now that I think about it, it's quite appropriate that the gun isn't approved in CA and I hope they don't even try to get it approved.

No personal offense meant to you, Fuz.
I would never be offended by anyone being glad they don't have to put up with California's bad laws. I would just love to have our Attorney General have it rubbed in his anti nose, that a gun touting our individual rights, had to be approved by his office.

I live in what is known as the most conservative county in the country, but it is like an island, or a landlocked country within some other foreign country.

More of us need to take a friend shooting. Almost 15 years ago, I took an anti-gun coworker of mine shooting. I don't remember how I convinced him to go. He was anti everything, anti-gun, anti-religion and vegetarian. After we went shooting a few times, he started buying guns (against his girlfriends wishes). Now he's a cop at one of our state parks and loves his guns.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk