Author Topic: concealed carry gun  (Read 11228 times)

Pababear

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: concealed carry gun
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »
Bic, where can you find them? Tried the auction sites very expensive for a good one. :'(

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 12:42:40 PM »
If you are looking for a .380, you might want to consider the Glock 42

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g42

With this adapter, you can rack the slide one handed using your belt or pocket.  Might even be able to use your left thumb to set slide lock.

http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Group-FCH-Charging-Handle/dp/B00266ADOE

Take care.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Pababear

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »
I can't use it at the pistol club where I would shoot, or else I would use my belt as my police officer  friend (ret.) showed me.

Glock said to contact "Red Jacket" in Louisiana to modify it.  Never heard from Red Jacket, that would be a last choice.

Beretta model 86 is ideal, I have been looking for one for years.  I still would prefer a glock, or Ruger if I had two hands.

BTW, police in town now have switched to .45.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »
Ahh...don't know what the rules are at your range, but if it requires the muzzle to be pointed downrange and that is the reason the Glock doesn't cut it, maybe a lanyard around your neck with a hook or loop on the end might let you work the slide and keep it pointing down range.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 10:25:03 PM »
Check out this rear sight for the Glock.  I have seen it in person, and I have heard good things about it.  My gunsmith has one for my new Glock, but now his widow needs to help me find it ... I think I'll just order a new one and find another gunsmith to put it in for me.

http://icestore.us/I-C-E-CLAW-EMS-Rear-Sight-Only.html
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:56:46 PM »

Pababear

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 11:23:58 AM »
Yes, that's the one my friend has on his Glock.  I wish the club would allow it, but as of now, I have to shoot wheel guns, 22LR.

Still better than nothing!

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 03:53:19 PM »
I think I'll just order a new one and find another gunsmith to put it in for me.

I have a Glock sight pusher if you want to use it. 
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 08:37:46 PM »
Bic, where can you find them? Tried the auction sites very expensive for a good one. :'(

Yeah...I guess they are - I just looked  :-\

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=428375506

That new Glock 42 may be your best option, - try before you buy!
Best Wishes, Mike.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 09:00:42 PM »
Not a 'tip-up' and no longer manufactured but you might be able to track one down:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=457&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

19+1 capacity!
Best Wishes, Mike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk