Author Topic: concealed carry gun  (Read 11197 times)

tombogan03884

Re: concealed carry gun
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 09:20:58 AM »
A couple thoughts, the Tomcat has a tip-up barrel making it easier to chamber or clear,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_3032_Tomcat

second, the .327 federal fires any rimmed .32 cartridge allowing you to tailor your load to exactly what you can handle .

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »
That was my thought also about a .32 revolver. You can shoot .327 Federal Magnum, .32 H&R Magnum, .32 S&W Long, or .32 S&W.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »
Have a question. 

Is your choice of smaller calibers due to the increased round count or also because of your hand being weak?

If it is just for the increased round count they do make accessories to facilitate one handed  manipulation of a Glock slide.

Round count will be high and of a larger caliber.

Magazine changes can be made one handed when the slide is held open with a few techniques for holding the gun under an arm or the bend of a knee or other ways after the spent magazine has been released. 

Then the slide can be operated to load a round from the fresh magazine using this Charging Handle and your belt or edge of a pocket or a handy hard surface to release the slide.

http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Group-FCH-Charging-Handle/dp/B00266ADOE

Don't know if any of this is a workable option for you, but it is something to consider if it can be made to work.

Take care and good luck
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

toddster

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 06:03:25 AM »
I would look at Charter Arms pitbull revolver in .40 smith and Wesson or there .44 special.  shot both last week impressed me.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »
PabaBear,

Sorry for coming in so late.  I agree with Solus' comments.

Without more information it is hard for me to give you a 100% answer, but a couple things to consider are that a semi-automatic reduces the felt recoil through the action; even though we teach that misfires and jambs can be easier to handle in a revolver, for a person with limited hand use a semi-automatic can actually be the easier tool, and the increased magazine capacity of a semi-automatic can cut down on the number of reloads needed.

I hope these sketchy ramblings help.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:26:19 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 07:37:45 PM »
I hope these sketchy ramblings help.

Well, you needed the practice.....eh??  ;) 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 11:30:30 PM »
Well, you needed the practice.....eh??  ;) 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have I told you how much I missed you guys?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 12:15:22 PM »
Have I told you how much I missed you guys?

I bet you could do THAT with hand signals, too.  :o
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Pababear

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 07:34:33 PM »
To all, I've medium sized hands or rather the use of only my left hand, with short fingers.  Thus the need to clear jams easily.  The j frame revolvers in 38, are too much for the hand to take at practice.

I've shot 9mm Glocks and Lugers, but I have to have my friend rack the slide and clear any issues that arise.

I prefer the .380 Walther PPK, same problem.

That is why I mentioned the Tom cat.  I was going to mix ball and hollow point in the magazine.  First two hp, the rest ball.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 08:43:31 PM »
Check out the Beretta Model 86 ( I think they're still available) - bigger than the Tomcat and therefore MUCH easier to operate and it can't be a worse trigger than the Tomcat....because there isn't one!

http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%2080/Beretta%2086.htm
Best Wishes, Mike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk