Author Topic: concealed carry gun  (Read 11220 times)

Pababear

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
concealed carry gun
« on: April 16, 2014, 04:50:42 PM »
Since having just one hand, I'm interested a ccw gun.  I've got an old Taurus model 94 .22, that I can fill nine chambers with .22 quikshot ammo.

The other option is for a snub nose .38, and the arm doesn't like a hot load with a scandium frame.

The Beretta .32 Tom Cat is my favorite of the three.  But I have heard good and bad about them.

The 22 with a high speed segmenting ammo in  revolver that I've shot for years, seems to be the best for me, 9 rounds versus 5.  But, the .32 is tempting, a gun that I can manage until I get a fail to fire, or jam.

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: concealed carry gun
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »
That's a tough one.I'd think a revolver with standard 38 special loads,but then again what are you using it for?For range use and just plinking the .32 with a tip up barrel would work sinch you won't have to rack the slide.How are you with loading a mag? Again , I think a revolver would be easier to operate,either a .32 or .38.

Pababear

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »
I could load a mag. in a pinch, buy I've been searching for a .32 revolver, none that I could find that had six shots.

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 08:13:59 PM »
that's a tough one

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:03:04 PM »
if you stay with the .22lr wheel gun put some better high velocity ammo in it... a .38spl with the older Federal NyClad 125grain bullets is very soft shooting even in my aluminum frame SW442.... if you live in a climate without heavy winter clothing needed, may be a solution... a very soft shooting, concealable (slightly bulky grip), and very accurate... Beretta 21S in .22lr

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:39:15 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 03:07:47 PM »
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 05:16:34 PM »
Ruger LCR in .22 lr is 8 shots...

Ruger LCR in .22 WinMag is 6 shots...

Neither would I care to have pointed at me and the trigger in my .38 is the best DA trigger I've felt without serious tweaking!

Probably can find some loaders for them as well...

http://ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Maybe they'll chamber one in .327 Magnum soon...  I'd buy one!  (hint, hint, Ruger!!!)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »
S&W shows a 7 shot .22 mag.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »
Taurus Ultra Lite in .22 WinMag..  8 shots!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 07:01:59 PM »
Hornady makes a low recoil loading for .38 special in the Critical Defense lineup of ammo.

http://www.hornady.com/store/38-Special-90-gr-FTX-Critical-Defense-lite/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk