Author Topic: It is time...  (Read 9764 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: It is time...
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 08:48:58 am »
I want it back!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

The Down Range TV Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 08:48:58 am »

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 06:49:24 am »
Mike you are so right.  I am thinking SASS could use the publicity but I don't follow cowboy action so that may be a bad observation. 

You wouldn't maybe want something that was on each week and saturated the subject matter but a monthly or quarterly edition people could look forward to that wasn't as rushed in the production. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 08:03:50 pm »
Good point Rastus.  If you follow the different stations, most of which are all under just a couple different ownerships, you will find hour long specialty coverage from time to time.

One of the problems those of us on here face is that Mr. Bane has a set of standards he operates under.  One of which is that he will not go and fight with the other major shooting crew.  They bounce all over with their bits of coverage of everything.  However, you don't get a consistent or deep connection with the sport.  The two things they are very successful with is 1.  Attracting a very large fan base that doesn't care about the depth; and 2. Keeping competitors away.

Should we start a pool on the chances that Outdoor Channel would commit 2 hours every four months through the year to cover SASS in a way that would show the combination of family time and competition that it is?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 08:20:51 pm »
I don't know about a pool....how about a campaign?  You would think SASS would push for it...maybe they are...I dunno.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 09:08:52 pm »
I'm sure you have noticed that programming is no longer about content or ratings.  It is about the all mighty buck.  Many of these programs are produced with sponsorship, and then they pay for air time.  SASS is a small organization that struggles financially as it is.  They don't have the dollars to pay to play.