Author Topic: Bed Holster  (Read 4407 times)

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bed Holster
« on: November 21, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »
This is not a leather question persay but it is a holster question.  It is also a DIY question, which does appear to fit here.  My father has made commnets about wanting a bed holster.  That got me thinking that for what they are they are too expensive and or not secure.  I have some ideas.  I want to try to make my own.  I am looking at making a rig that you would secure your favorite holster to.  Or your other option would be to use one form the box in the basement, admit it you have one. 

The question becomes angle.  Easiest is a vertical draw stroke.  This would be one where the holster would clip in just like it was on a belt.  The next thought was hook and loop this is the most expensive with having to buy a hook and loop holster and then mounting the correct side of the hook and loop to the frame plate.  This option would not lend itself to an existing holster.  The third option would be an angled mounting cut.  That is where the question comes from what would be the correct angel?

Have any of you used a Bed holster if so what was you opinion, is it to in the box in the basment?
Any suggestion on a holster mounting angle?
If you were to buy one would you pay more or even want an ajustable angle?  Writing this created an idea for an adjustable angle version.

Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Very Active Forum Member
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bed Holster
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
Welcome to the Leather Shop!!!

If I was to make one, I would build a simple 1 piece belt holster and instead of sewing the belt loop, leave it unsewn, add a small piece of leather as a shelf to help keep it in place between the mattress and box spring, and reform what would have been the belt loop into a larger piece, like a paddle holster.
DM
Proprietor of Plum Creek Leather Works - Old West Gunleather
http://www.freewebs.com/daltonmasterson/plumcreekleatherworks.htm
Friend of www.runniron.com
SASS #51139L
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk