Author Topic: My Mom Joined the Choir Celestial  (Read 12137 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: My Mom Joined the Choir Celestial
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 09:54:29 PM »
Sorry to hear the news.

Hang in there brother, you'e not alone.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 01:41:54 PM »
Terribly sorry to hear of your loss, but as you say, her weakness is gone and she is made anew.

You and your family have my sincerest condolences and will be in my prayers.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 09:57:45 AM »
Thanks, all. 

Her mortal remains were buried Wednesday morning at 10:30. 

She had outlived all her friends and over the past several years, her struggle with Alzheimer's removed her from any sort of social life, so attendance was just family and not really much of that.  My sister's husband and their son were rafting through the Grand Canyon when Mom died--they don't know yet that she is gone.  I have been stuck in bed and couldn't get there.  Bunny needed to stay here with me as my caregiver.  So, attendance was sparse.  Sis managed some photos and provided an excellent first-person report for which I willbe forever grateful.

I am quite worried about my Dad, though.  He has visited Mom every single day since she was first admitted to the nursing home.  From 3 to 4, he would sit beside her, holding her hand.  Now, that duty is forever completed.  Without this simple action providing motivation to go on, I fear his time will soon come.  I pray he manages to hang in there until I am back on my feet.

Anyway, thanks to each of you for your caring and prayerful support.  It appears that this chapter is finally closed.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 05:31:20 PM »
My sincere heartfelt condolences CR, my Mother passed in 2005, my Father passed away in 2012. Far too young, both of them.

Your Mother lived a long life on this Earth, and as posted, she starts anew in the Kingdom of Heaven. She will always be with you and your family. Her spirit will always be an inner voice of comfort and guidance.

My prayers to you CR.

God Bless.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »
Crusader how are you and your dad doing?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:04:18 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »
Crusader how are you and your dad doing?

My surgical recovery has been nothing short of spectacular.  I was released from medical supervision a couple of weeks ago and given permission to drive, eat, and even to go to the gym--no weights, but I get to spend some time on the treadmill.  First day, I made a solid ten minutes and thought I'd need help getting to the car.  This past Friday I did a full 60 minutes plus a two minute cool down and covered 3.3 miles and some significant elevation, all the while keeping my heart rate under 130.  Plus, I made it to the car without help!

Dad seems to be taking care of business.  That Mom was in the care facility for nearly 3 years gave him a good dose of living alone and keeping everything in some semblance of balance.  Since Mom passed, he has managed to get the paperwork all sorted out with SocSec, and he ordered the marker for her grave, and he has tended to the other piddly stuff that needed to have Mom's name removed like wills, bank accounts, deeds, etc.  So, all of that is good.

What isn't good is that Dad has been sort of uncommunicative.  I am used to getting regular emails from him and always got responses to things I'd send, but that has diminished.  Sis is there, regularly, and she tells me he seems to be doing okay.  Sis and her hubby are taking a vacation starting around the 20th of August and I will head out to Arizona around the 10th or 12th so I can spend a few days with my sister and get some direct observation of what's going on with Dad.  Then, I plan to spend a couple of weeks with my Pappy and see if I can fatten him up a little bit with some Southern cooking.  He's been living on frozen entrees and one dinner a week at the Greek place with another at Outback.  He's getting some tasty stuff, but I think I can do better for him.

Anyway, I should have more information in late August.  I'll let you know when I do.  meantime, thanks for the prayers and for all the supportive thoughts sent my way.  With my paucity  of vocabulary I am not able to explain to you how very much they mean to me and how much I value each and every one of you.

Thanks, all,

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk