Author Topic: Michael John Wilsey, Crusader's Pal  (Read 8633 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Michael John Wilsey, Crusader's Pal
« on: September 19, 2013, 05:46:06 PM »
Michael John Wilsey lost his fight to cancer at about 10 PM, Wednesday, September 18, 2013.

Mike was a great friend to this Rabbit.  He held a concealed carry permit and was a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.  One of his last purchases was a .45 caliber 1911, and he was distressed that he never had a chance to shoot it.

At the time of his death, Mike was surrounded by his five children who range in age from 22 to 49.

For at least 36 hours prior to his death, Mike had been sleeping and had been unresponsive.  He managed to rally for a short period at the end.  This allowed each of his  children the opportunity to tell him how much they appreciated his guidance in helping them find and maintain a good life path.  As the final kid concluded, Mike shut his eyes, took two deep breaths, and surrendered.

Mike was my dear friend for 25 years, but I was not unique.  Mike collected friends like some people collect Beanie Babies, match books, or historic Colts.  Chronologically, I was in the late-middle group of Mike's friends since he had many from his youth, and countless more as he matured. 

Mike and his late wife, Nancy shared their love and home with countless medically dependent Foster kids.   They gave unconditional love to those many kids with medical issues that had made them somehow unloved by their own natural parents. 

Mike will be missed by many, but none more than this Rabbit.

The family has asked me to officiate at his funeral.  My prayer is that I will be strong enough to offer words of peace and consolation to the many who now share my grief.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Michael John Wilsey, Crusader's Pal
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
Our prayers go with Mike's family and you and yours also.  25 years is but a quick blink of His eye, but, oh what many memories He has given you.  Mike is in a better place and also has those memories until you join him when you can share them together again!

God Bless,

Richard and Norma 
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:02:48 PM »
Crusader, we are very sorry for your loss, and for the loss to his family and friends. We wish you strength in officiating...that's a tough spot you are in, but you're a tough guy.  Prayers and thoughts.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »
Prayers and condolences, CR.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
No more words from me can make this any easier for you or his family.

God Bless you and give you the strength to do what is asked of you.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:06:09 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk