Author Topic: Smallest 45 acp  (Read 3460 times)

BCSxyz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Smallest 45 acp
« on: May 24, 2013, 08:04:01 PM »
Who makes the smallest semi auto in 45 acp?

Yeti

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Smallest 45 acp
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:01:12 PM »
I don't know about the smallest but the Springfield XDS is one of the smaller ones.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:10:04 PM »
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »
FWIW.... there is a point of diminishing returns regarding reliability .... as the length of the barrel gets short, so does the recoil spring... the spring length is further shortened with a pistol that locks to the slide with recessed lugs like a 1911.... a pistol that locks into the ejection port is the better choice...

for a short .45, and if money is no object... Semmerling LM4

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »
I've got a Springfield XDS and it's rock-solid. In an IWB holster it completely disappears.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:17:47 AM »

tekoken

• "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry
  • Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 10:05:21 PM »
Bond Arms makes a pretty small 45acp. Pretty cool too!
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty, teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizens' firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that, to ensure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 and 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil influence. They deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour." George Washington

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »
I guess the Liberator:

has be supplanted by the Bond derringer:

or possibly the XDS

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

unclejames

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
I once had an AMT DAO backup in .45ACP . 16 lb. double action only trigger pull, heel type magazine release, 5+1 capacity and a trough sight. Hard to hold , hard to shoot, hard to reload and hard to aim. But it was pretty damn small for a .45 ACP. I should have put that on my regret I bought it thread.

Grizzle_Bear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »
unclejames:

If you would like to sell your AMT .45, I am in the market.  The gun does have some drawbacks, but it is the smallest .45 I am aware of.  Mine was super-reliable, and the heavy trigger pull meant you were holding it tight enough when it went off!

Sadly, mine got stolen..........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk