Author Topic: How Much Snow Did You Get?  (Read 4595 times)

tombogan03884

Re: How Much Snow Did You Get?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
I wish I could get back to Attitash, or Killington...Miss the powder...

Attitash, Cannon, Wildcat, Gunstock, Sunnapee, all have about 2 feet of fresh powder.
Mid 30's Sunday and winter mix due Monday will beat it down and crust over whats left.

None here in SW Ohio, but every road in CT has been closed.  Lots of snow up that way.

Think how bad it would have been without Global Warming.   ;D ;D ;D

With out Global warming we would have had 6 storms like this, and the wimpy liberals would have died of the screaming jeebers.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »

With out Global warming we would have had 6 storms like this, and the wimpy liberals would have died of the screaming jeebers.

They are actually blaming the cold spell in January and now these storms on the warm up.  Appears that the warm oceans of the last couple years cause the shift.  Wasn't it back in the 70's we dealt with El Nino, or however you spell that Spanish stuff, that caused the opposite of what we have this year?

Blame it on something, and take our rights away!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »
They blamed snow in the gulf states on GW.

Theory went that with the ice caps melting, the Atlantic is much colder and the currents bring it down to the Gulf making it colder and so the weather in the area gets colder due to the weather getting warmer.

If it gets hot, it proves we have GW.  If it gets cold, that proves we have GW too.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 10:39:08 PM »
It's all a load of crap.
It's true that weather patterns are warming, it's part of a cycle that has been going on for thousands of years.
That's why 1815 had no summer, ponds in Pa froze over on July 4.
On the other hand as glaciers recede in Greenland archeologists are finding the ruins of Viking settlements they never knew existed.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 07:53:25 AM »
Don't go speaking facts Tom!

I've tried to point that out for years, and all it does is get me a collection of blank stares.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:11:33 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 09:57:37 AM »
It helps sort out the people who are worth wasting your breath on from the ones who aren't.

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »
OK, back on topic...

My 80+ year old neighbors drive is cleaned up.  He let me use his 30 year old snow blower, an old Ariens with the clutch drive!  Man can that thing move some snow!

Motivation here is the China/Burma/India Veterans cap in the back window of the Taurus sedan...he tried to pay me but I said his tab is covered for the remainder of his life!

Going over for a beer later!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 11:43:55 AM »
Very good, Tim.  Excellent. 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »
I thought they said last night was near 100% chance of rain but now they're saying it's going to happen tonight. Either way it's near 40 degrees and I like it. It's supposed to be nice a few days this week and a 30-40% chance of snow the other days. We just don't get hit like we used to.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »
Eastern ND is probably near 10" at this moment, but it's hard to know exactly how much what with the wind moving it all horizontally! I have a spot in my back yard that shows grass, and the snow is maybe 3-4 feet by the fence 30' away.

Blizzard continues until tomorrow noon. I have to tell you this since the MSM has got its knickers in such a bind because the Nemo storm is happening to THEM, that the rest of the country can suck fumes as much as the MSM cares. At least we got a name for this storm, lame as it is - Orko.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk