Author Topic: How Much Snow Did You Get?  (Read 4594 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How Much Snow Did You Get?
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »

Timothy? Tom?

Looks like CT and NH got at least a foot or two.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: How Much Snow Did You Get?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »
Sucks to be that car owner!!

We have nothing yet in ND, but a blizzard warning is in effect from midnight tonight (Saturday) through noon Monday. At last report, no press crews sighted, no overdressed Weather channel dweebs standing around - nothing. As it should be. It's ND. In winter!  ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
we got 14 to 16 inches here in the Hudson River Valley of ny,gun control capitol of  America
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 05:06:52 PM »
We are slated for rain Sunday morning switching to snow - up to 10", and then blowing.  Warnings coming on sometime tonight through 3:00pm Monday.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »
About 5" yesterday, maybe less. Sunny today. 100% chance of rain tonight. I only plowed 2 or 3 times this winter.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:56:13 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 05:19:18 PM »
North central MA received from 28-31 inches.  Really fluffy powder and within three hours, I was dug out and helping my neighbors.  I have a bit of work tomorrow to help the WWII Vet across the street.  He has his car free but I'm going to finish the driveway for him in the morning.

Windy day, I looked like a snowman with my beard all iced up, eyebrows frozen, snot running down my face!  Winter f*@king wonderland!

;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
Hard to tell with the wind blowing it around . I saw places that had 3 feet or more and 6 feet away bare ground .
Part that had me PO'd was that the 3 feet was the side walk, the bare ground was on the lawn beside it .
Lady I know was saying there wasn't a flake of snow on her car this AM . 4 foot deep drift on the drivers side though.
The official totals were 14 inches here, 19 inches in Belmont, and 26 inches at Gunstock ski area.
That's about a 5 mile radius .
Other places report as much as 30 + inches, Hampton got clobbered with the high tide putting rocks and sand in the road, which is normal, and part of the sea wall collapsing which isn't normal at all.
We got a combination of the storm coming from the West that Frank mentioned, plus another Low that came up from the South.
All that stuff you're hearing in the media about this being "historic" is a load of crap. The storms in '01 and '07 were not only as severe or worse, but there were several of them.
Back in the 60's we got storms like this multiple times a month from December into April.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 07:13:40 PM »
I wish I could get back to Attitash, or Killington...Miss the powder...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »
I wish I could get back to Attitash, or Killington...Miss the powder...

Further north to Jay Peak or Smugglers Notch...better snow, less crowds!  They both get lake effect off of Lake Champlain!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
None here in SW Ohio, but every road in CT has been closed.  Lots of snow up that way.

Think how bad it would have been without Global Warming.   ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk