Author Topic: This is the mentality that we have to deal with.  (Read 1070 times)

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This is the mentality that we have to deal with.
« on: February 09, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
Rcvd. from NRA-ILA,
Jesse Jackson Claims Semi-Autos can "Blow Up Railroads"
Posted on February 8, 2013

This week's outrage comes to us courtesy of the anti-gun Reverend Jesse Jackson.  Rev. Jackson is not in the news as much now as he once was.  When you do hear from him, though, his comments are still laced with his usual dose of hyperbole. 

That predictable pattern continues with Rev. Jackson's recent comments on semi-automatic firearms.

According to an article appearing on TheBlaze.com last month, Rev. Jackson believes that semi-automatic firearms must be banned because they could "shoot down planes" and therefore constitute a risk to national security.

The Blaze ran a follow-up story debunking the claim, but that didn't seem to deter Rev. Jackson, as this week he boldly declared that, in addition to shooting down planes, semi-automatic firearms could also be used to "blow up railroads."

"You know that these weapons can shoot down airplanes, they can blow up railroads. This is really a whole national security issue," Rev. Jackson said in a recent interview on Fox News.  Blow up railroads?  What in the world is he basing that claim on?

If Rev. Jackson is interested in the facts and wants to return this debate back to earth, he should know that semi-automatic firearms were introduced in the late 1800s, and have been popular for self-defense, hunting and target shooting ever since.  Forty percent of all uses of firearms for self-defense are performed with semi-automatic handguns, and all firearms used in the annual National Rifle and Pistol Trophy Matches are semi-automatic.

Though he seems to know very little about semi-automatic firearms, we assume that we will continue to hear Rev. Jackson make outrageous claims about this issue in the future.  No doubt Jackson won't be able to help himself, as he craves the spotlight to continue to push his agenda, using bizarre and truly outrageous claims. 

The anti-gunners--including Rev. Jackson--will stop at nothing to get what they want:  a ban on your lawfully owned firearms.  They will literally say anything they think will help them achieve their goal.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: This is the mentality that we have to deal with.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
He doesn't always say much anymore...

But when he does, it's always STUPID.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This is the mentality that we have to deal with.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »
 I don't know why but the warning to beware of stupid people in large groups pops into my head whenever I see anything about Jesse Jackson and his followers. We have all given him too much of our time already!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk